ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Should You Invest In Commercial Real Estate?By Expert Author: Susan Burris
A lot of people invest in residential real estate deals only because of their accustomed investment habits. Other than multifamily or independent residential properties, commercial properties can also be a wonderful way to balance your portfolio.
For productive investments in commercial real estate and commercial property management services, you just need to hone up different set of terms and rules of the commercial market. But before you shift your asset management focus from residential properties to commercial properties, you should understand the difference between the two. Here are some main points to get you started:
1. Commercial Properties Are Valued Differently:
The income generated by a single unit of commercial property is directly associated with the usable area in square foot. This is not the case with residential properties where it is generally valued by the total available area.
2. Cash Flow Is Steady & Greater With Commercial Properties:
Because commercial leases are normally longer than the residential leases, the income generated by a commercial unit is more stable and greater. Per square foot earnings for commercial properties are higher on a basis of initial investment in residential properties.
3. Commercial Properties Diversify The Risks:
Because of the longer leases, risks of vacancy or zero rent period is lesser with commercial properties. For example, if one of the ten renters of your apartment leaves, you lose 1/10th of your rental income while you would still be paying the apartment management service and other charges for that unit.
4. Banks Value Commercial Properties Differently
All the major banks and financial lenders work with deals of commercial real estate properties. But, banks and other financing companies can ask for a higher down payment for commercial properties as compared to lesser down payments of residential properties. The commercial property down payments are about 30% more than what you would pay for residential properties.
After all the differences, there are some things common between residential and commercial properties – affordable and professional commercial management services and residential property management services are easily accessible. And the same real estate services that help you find residential apartments or properties can get you commercial properties too. As for any type of investment, it pays good fortune to do a little homework. Before you buy a commercial property at a specific location, find out from the current store owners about doing business in the locality. Once you understand the booming potentials of commercial real estate, it gets sensible to decide investing in commercial properties.
The author has an immense knowledge on property management. Know more about apartment management related info in his website.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. How Are These 4 Factors Catered By Real Estate Agents Maroochydore
Author: Aaron Jones
2. Seeking Help From Real Estate Agents Cooroy For Best Quality Bargains
Author: Aaron Jones
3. The Secret Of Why Upcoming Residential Projects In Gurgaon Attracts People
Author: Ajit Gandhi
4. Tata Value Homes Destination 150 Gets The Best Hands Together
Author: vinay kumar
5. Here Are The Reasons Why You Should Hire A Property Management Service
Author: Susan Burris
6. Punit Group Endows Top Reasons Why You Must Invest In Thane
Author: Kunal Sutar
7. Gaur City 2 Enjoy Social Life With Privacy
Author: Amit Sharma
8. Things To Consider While Renting Using A Property Management Company
Author: Susan Burris
9. Oakmere Home Group Companies: Home Quality Review Of The Orchards At Bolton-le-sands
Author: Marion Meneely
10. A Pleasurable Living Experience At Tata Value Homes Destination 150
Author: kushalvir singh
11. 100percent Commission Real Estate Broker In Florida
12. Maximize The Potential Of Homes For Sale In Penticton
Author: Mark Wahlberg
13. Celestia Grand – An Independent House For Sale In Ludhiana By Omaxe
Author: Omaxe Ltd
14. Beach Front Homes For Sale Dana Point Ca Can Be Bought With Help From Agents
Author: jonny smith
15. The Influence Of The Internet On Property Purchase
Author: Daniel Morris