ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Should You Invest In Commercial Real Estate?
Total Articles: 9
A lot of people invest in residential real estate deals only because of their accustomed investment habits. Other than multifamily or independent residential properties, commercial properties can also be a wonderful way to balance your portfolio.
For productive investments in commercial real estate and commercial property management services, you just need to hone up different set of terms and rules of the commercial market. But before you shift your asset management focus from residential properties to commercial properties, you should understand the difference between the two. Here are some main points to get you started:
1. Commercial Properties Are Valued Differently:
The income generated by a single unit of commercial property is directly associated with the usable area in square foot. This is not the case with residential properties where it is generally valued by the total available area.
2. Cash Flow Is Steady & Greater With Commercial Properties:
Because commercial leases are normally longer than the residential leases, the income generated by a commercial unit is more stable and greater. Per square foot earnings for commercial properties are higher on a basis of initial investment in residential properties.
3. Commercial Properties Diversify The Risks:
Because of the longer leases, risks of vacancy or zero rent period is lesser with commercial properties. For example, if one of the ten renters of your apartment leaves, you lose 1/10th of your rental income while you would still be paying the apartment management service and other charges for that unit.
4. Banks Value Commercial Properties Differently
All the major banks and financial lenders work with deals of commercial real estate properties. But, banks and other financing companies can ask for a higher down payment for commercial properties as compared to lesser down payments of residential properties. The commercial property down payments are about 30% more than what you would pay for residential properties.
After all the differences, there are some things common between residential and commercial properties – affordable and professional commercial management services and residential property management services are easily accessible. And the same real estate services that help you find residential apartments or properties can get you commercial properties too. As for any type of investment, it pays good fortune to do a little homework. Before you buy a commercial property at a specific location, find out from the current store owners about doing business in the locality. Once you understand the booming potentials of commercial real estate, it gets sensible to decide investing in commercial properties.
The author has an immense knowledge on property management. Know more about apartment management related info in his website.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. The Perfect Way To Invest In Property Mangement Buderim
Author: Peter Simons
2. Foreign Investors - Know How To Get The Cyprus Citizenship And Enjoy The Associated Benefits
Author: Chris Michael
3. Flats In Jagatpura
4. Assetz Here And Now | Pre Launch Project | Located In Rachenahalli, Bangalore
Author: Guru Raj
5. Lodha Codename Superdeal Upper Thane
Author: chetan singh
6. 6 Reasons To Forget Valleyview Apartments In Shimla And Consider Barog For Your Investment
Author: The Woods Barog
7. Finding Apartments For Sale - Tips For Buyers
8. How About Finding New Apartments For Sale
9. Beneficial Tips In Buying New Residence
10. What Are Various Residential Home Buying Tips
11. Main Points To Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo
12. Questions To Ask When Buying Houses
13. Aspects That Need To Impact The Buying Of Homes
14. Things You Must Know Prior To Buying A Home
15. What You Must Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo