ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Should You Invest In Commercial Real Estate?
Total Articles: 9
A lot of people invest in residential real estate deals only because of their accustomed investment habits. Other than multifamily or independent residential properties, commercial properties can also be a wonderful way to balance your portfolio.
For productive investments in commercial real estate and commercial property management services, you just need to hone up different set of terms and rules of the commercial market. But before you shift your asset management focus from residential properties to commercial properties, you should understand the difference between the two. Here are some main points to get you started:
1. Commercial Properties Are Valued Differently:
The income generated by a single unit of commercial property is directly associated with the usable area in square foot. This is not the case with residential properties where it is generally valued by the total available area.
2. Cash Flow Is Steady & Greater With Commercial Properties:
Because commercial leases are normally longer than the residential leases, the income generated by a commercial unit is more stable and greater. Per square foot earnings for commercial properties are higher on a basis of initial investment in residential properties.
3. Commercial Properties Diversify The Risks:
Because of the longer leases, risks of vacancy or zero rent period is lesser with commercial properties. For example, if one of the ten renters of your apartment leaves, you lose 1/10th of your rental income while you would still be paying the apartment management service and other charges for that unit.
4. Banks Value Commercial Properties Differently
All the major banks and financial lenders work with deals of commercial real estate properties. But, banks and other financing companies can ask for a higher down payment for commercial properties as compared to lesser down payments of residential properties. The commercial property down payments are about 30% more than what you would pay for residential properties.
After all the differences, there are some things common between residential and commercial properties – affordable and professional commercial management services and residential property management services are easily accessible. And the same real estate services that help you find residential apartments or properties can get you commercial properties too. As for any type of investment, it pays good fortune to do a little homework. Before you buy a commercial property at a specific location, find out from the current store owners about doing business in the locality. Once you understand the booming potentials of commercial real estate, it gets sensible to decide investing in commercial properties.
The author has an immense knowledge on property management. Know more about apartment management related info in his website.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Bartlett Real Estate Market Update March 2018
Author: John Herman
2. Creationinteriorsdesignsdecorators Is Driven By The Philosophy Of Innovation
3. 3d Rendering Services: Pre-visualization Of Your Dream Project
Author: James Enrique
4. Here’s Why Comparative Market Analysis Is Imperative Before Buying Coastal Homes
Author: Rick Lopez
5. 5 Distinct Qualities Of A Real Estate Investment
Author: Hugo Slade
6. All About The Benefits And Working Mechanisms Of Grout Sealants
Author: Chad Lakin
7. Documents Needed When Applying For A Mortgage
Author: MD Properties
8. Factors That Aid You While Buying A New Residential Project In Mohali
Author: Akshay Rathore
9. Ramprastha Greens-apartments In Vaishali
Author: Ramprastha Group
10. Benefits Of Property Management Services
Author: Susan Burris
11. Virtual Furniture, The New Staging!
12. Want To Buy A House But Having Bad Credit Rating? Get Easy Mortgage Loans In Houston!
13. Adithya Developers Bangalore, Best Apartments For Sale In Sahakar Nagar
14. Hoffman Estates Real Estate Market Update March 2018
Author: John Herman
15. Ats Marigold - Exclusive Homes Designed For Exclusive You
Author: Neha Arora