ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Cure Ringworm Using Antifungal Creams
Total Articles: 233
Ringworm infections are difficult to deal with as they can give you sleepless nights. They have pestering symptoms like itching and rashes on the skin. Ringworms can attack anywhere; on the skin, scalp, nails or feet. They do not always go away by without a treatment in fact they tend to spread to other body parts if left untreated.
The skin usually starts erupting when the harmful fungi come in contact with the outer part of the skin, hair or nails. They are the parasites that feast on keratin, a protein that is found in these areas. Due to this reason, these areas get infected by ringworm. It occurs warm and moist externally coating of the skin. There are many remedies to cure ringworm but the most commonly used treatment is over the counter anti fungal ointments.
How do these anti-fungal creams work?
Antifungal ointments obstruct the growth of the fungi in your body thereby healing the infection and not allowing it to reach the further stage. These lotions also help to wipe out the distressing appearance of the ringworm infection on your skin.
You must always remember that you can cure ringworm with antifungal creams if you follow the dos and the don'ts. First and foremost, it is important to maintain a good personal hygiene.
Antifungals normally contain a few active ingredients like Miconazole and Clotimazole. They are available in various forms such as lotions, ointments, gels, creams, sprays or powders and can be externally applied over the affected area.
You must apply them twice a day for one entire week and if the results are not quick, you can extend it up to a fortnight.
These drugs are available at a local pharmacy or you can also order them online! Anti-fungal creams for the treatment of ringworm are either commercially prepared or naturally extracted.
Often, to boost the effectiveness of these creams doctors suggest that you combine them with oral prescription drugs. The best person to tell you how to get rid of ringworm is a dermatologist who can prescribe the medications and their correct dosage.
You might have heard that a few people make use of natural essential oils that are extracted from plants. The holistic experts promote such treatments since they believe that it they are more powerful and are strong anti-fungals which are also safe to use. Essential oils such as tea tree oil and coconut oil are applied on the infected area. Even the apple cider vinegar is considered to be an antifungal to cure ringworm which helps in minimizing the itching and heals the skin.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility