ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Shot Blasting Machines And Their Uses
Total Articles: 13
Shot blasting, the name itself defines the process of blasting series of shots on the surface of metals. The blasting of materials is done in order to clean the surface of the metal to remove the unwanted deposits. There are different types of shot blasting machines and a particular type is chosen as per the project handled. The classification of the blasting machines is done on the basis of their cleansing purpose. The different types of machines are:
1. Batch type shot machine: This type of machine is used for cleaning and casting. These are compact devices and posses high cleansing capacity. These are great equipments and are capable of removing the unwanted particles even in the curved areas of the surface. The batch type blasting is used for de-sanding, de-scaling and de-coring of the surfaces.
2. Feed shot blasting type: It is used when continuous blasting of the abrasives is required on the surface. It is known for its consistency and the degree of cleaning is same for all the surfaces. The process is continuous and requires a short distance between the nozzle and the surface.
3. Hanger type shot blasting machine: Apart from the metals, there are certain brittle surfaces like glass which are vulnerable to breakage. These materials require a special type of blaster which cleans the surface without causing any damage to the device. For such materials, hanger type shot blasting is used.
4. Manipulator type shot blast machine: This type of machine is the most used of all machines because of their excellent cleaning effect.
There are different companies which follow different type of cleaning process. Only the experienced professionals can know the use of proper method at the proper time. The different types of techniques used by the experts are:
• Wet blasting: This type of blast cleaning is done with the help of water. The reason for choosing water to blast it on the surface is to minimize the harsh effect of other abrasive materials on the surface.
• Dry Ice blasting: Dry Ice is used to remove the contaminants on the surface of the materials. It is not as harsh as other abrasive materials, but explodes on the surface of the materials when projected with very high velocity.
• Bead blasting: This process is used for removing paint and to polish the surface. It makes use of tiny glass beads which are propelled onto the surface. Compared to the sand, glass are preferred more to polish delicate surface.
There are other processes which do not make use of a blaster for blast cleaning like wheel cleaning and bristle cleaning.
• Wheel cleaning: It is done by pushing abrasive materials across the surface which is to be cleaned. It is done in the absence of air.
• Bristle cleaning: It is one of the traditional ways of cleaning the surface which makes use of steel wires fixed over the surface of the material to remove the foreign particles and to polish the surface.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck