ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Should You Focus On Having A Safe Abortion?
Total Articles: 73
Often, women have to undergo abortion for their own safety. While it is true that abortion has been used unfairly by many women to get rid of unwanted pregnancies, the truth is that abortion is a necessity at times. Here is a look at why women should undergo abortion in a safe way.
When a woman undergoes abortion or a miscarriage occurs during her pregnancy, it is very important for her to follow safe practices and ensure that the abortion is carried out by a medical practitioner who has a sound knowledge of the same.
Importance of a safe abortion
If an abortion is not carried out in a safe manner, then it may pose to be a life risk for the mother. According to the World Health Organization, if an abortion is carried out by individuals who are not skilled, hazardous equipments are used during the procedure and the woman is kept in unsanitary conditions, then the woman will have undergone an unsafe abortion which could result in complications later on.
The stats are staggering too...
Out of every 1,00,000 abortion procedures that are carried out globally, 10 percent woman die, get an infection or experience severe complications due to unsafe abortions. Though the risk of abortion is directly related to the gestational age, it is mandatory to follow a safe procedure for the same to decrease any kind of risk involved. Unsafe abortions can lead to death in many cases but can also give rise to innumerable complexities in the woman and hamper her future life immensely.
Results of an unsafe abortion
One of the major reasons for death and severe injury amongst women all over the world is the practice of unsafe abortions. Women who conceive unintentionally and wish to terminate their pregnancy without anyone knowing about it often resort to unsafe methods and land up in more trouble than before.
Out of the 20 million unsafe abortions that are done worldwide, almost 98 percent of them are done in developing countries and can result in injuries of various types for the women. Apart from deaths, inability to conceive again, infection and uterine diseases, permanent damage to the uterus and cervix are some of the common negative results of an unsafe abortion. Studies reveal that hygienic and up-to-date health services along with proper family planning can reduce the instance of unsafe abortions by almost 75 percent, bringing them down to less than 5 million a year.
Are you looking for medical abortion ?
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe