ALL >> Family >> View Article
What Can You Do To Help Your Child Learn To Spell
Total Articles: 14
Learning to spell correctly is important for children. Spelling and vocabulary are tough tasks to overcome for almost any child to learn. Often times, parents do not always know the right pathway to take, in order to help their child overcome the obstacles of learning to spell correctly.
Here are some tips that may prove useful:
1. Practice! The two of you are not going to get anywhere by simply acknowledging that the task ahead is a tough one, however that is a good first step to take. You are going to have to practice those words, letter combinations, sounds, and more to get better at it, so designate some time in each study session to do just that.
2. Work Slowly: Your child is likely to revolt if you try to take on new material too quickly. Instead, break that material up as much as you can. Practice for just a few minutes each day without trying to add too much new information to the mix. Do not forget to add a bit of review in there along with those newer skills every day so your child does not forget previously covered material.
3. Do not Forget About the Sounds: Saying a word or a sound aloud before spelling it, is important. Your child cannot learn to read if they cannot recognize sounds, and helping them pronounce things correctly is an absolute must. Work with sounds and spelling, to encourage your child to recognize patterns as often as possible.
4. Use A Variety of Techniques: Helping your child learn to spell does not just come from memorization. It is much more than just testing a child on how many words was he/she able to remember. It is about experimenting with lots of different techniques which can help your child acquire more skill on how to spell. Feel free to try something new with each new word, concept, or sound. You may discover something that works perfectly for your child.
5. Do Not Forget About Games: From manipulatives to online learning systems, teaching your child to spell can often involve fun games that you may not have thought about before. Crossword puzzles are a natural, but so are magnetic letters, Scrabble, and other kinds of word puzzles. Take advantage of online learning games which can help your child become a better speller.
Learning to spell is an important part of any education experience, but it is not always an easy task. ClickN SPELL from ClickN KIDS can help children learn to become better more confident spellers. The ClickN KIDS phonics program is the number one phonics program 6 years in a row is the ideal way to aid your little ones in learning to read and spell.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
2. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
3. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
4. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
5. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
6. I Need A Live In Nanny
7. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
8. Nanny Full Time Jobs
9. Looking For A Live In Nanny
10. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
11. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online
12. Aged Care Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop For Elderly Home Care Services
13. Essential Aspects When Finding Baby Gears
Author: Bob Smith
14. Top 5 List Of Hottest Baby Shower Themes Of 2017
Author: Eric Mortensen
15. For A Smooth Move Group Efforts Made
Author: Paul Wright