ALL >> Family >> View Article
What Can You Do To Help Your Child Learn To Spell
Total Articles: 14
Learning to spell correctly is important for children. Spelling and vocabulary are tough tasks to overcome for almost any child to learn. Often times, parents do not always know the right pathway to take, in order to help their child overcome the obstacles of learning to spell correctly.
Here are some tips that may prove useful:
1. Practice! The two of you are not going to get anywhere by simply acknowledging that the task ahead is a tough one, however that is a good first step to take. You are going to have to practice those words, letter combinations, sounds, and more to get better at it, so designate some time in each study session to do just that.
2. Work Slowly: Your child is likely to revolt if you try to take on new material too quickly. Instead, break that material up as much as you can. Practice for just a few minutes each day without trying to add too much new information to the mix. Do not forget to add a bit of review in there along with those newer skills every day so your child does not forget previously covered material.
3. Do not Forget About the Sounds: Saying a word or a sound aloud before spelling it, is important. Your child cannot learn to read if they cannot recognize sounds, and helping them pronounce things correctly is an absolute must. Work with sounds and spelling, to encourage your child to recognize patterns as often as possible.
4. Use A Variety of Techniques: Helping your child learn to spell does not just come from memorization. It is much more than just testing a child on how many words was he/she able to remember. It is about experimenting with lots of different techniques which can help your child acquire more skill on how to spell. Feel free to try something new with each new word, concept, or sound. You may discover something that works perfectly for your child.
5. Do Not Forget About Games: From manipulatives to online learning systems, teaching your child to spell can often involve fun games that you may not have thought about before. Crossword puzzles are a natural, but so are magnetic letters, Scrabble, and other kinds of word puzzles. Take advantage of online learning games which can help your child become a better speller.
Learning to spell is an important part of any education experience, but it is not always an easy task. ClickN SPELL from ClickN KIDS can help children learn to become better more confident spellers. The ClickN KIDS phonics program is the number one phonics program 6 years in a row is the ideal way to aid your little ones in learning to read and spell.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
2. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
3. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
4. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
5. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
6. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
7. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
8. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
9. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
11. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
12. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
13. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
14. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
15. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online