ALL >> Health >> View Article
Total Articles: 9
Dentures are ideal substitutes for missing teeth. They help in restoring your smile. It is important to maintain them properly to prevent further tooth loss or fungal infections.
Like natural teeth, they should also be kept clean. Regular maintenance will help prevent their damage. In this article, we will discuss different ways of maintaining dentures.
Take care while handling:
To avoid dropping, clean dentures in a basin of water. When cleaning, make sure you don't bend them. See your dentist in case they break, crack or teeth become loose.
When new ones are fixed, they require great care. Regular and thorough cleaning is important in order to prevent the buildup of stains and deposits. Rinse them well after each meal so that there are no leftover food particles.
Brush and scrub once daily:
Brushing and scrubbing once a day keeps the dentures clean. Use a soft bristle brush to remove food particles, plaque or other deposits.
Scrub gently with a mild soap, cleaner or dishwashing liquid. Hard scrubbing, harsh toothpaste, strong cleaners and stiff-bristled brushes are not advisable, as these may damage the dentures.
Overnight soaking when not wearing them:
Soak dentures in water or in a cleaning solution when you are not wearing them. This helps keep them clean and retain their shape, and keeps them from drying out.
Using cleaning solution:
Soaking in the cleaning solution will help in killing the germs that cause odor.
Make sure that you do not apply the cleaning solution while they are in your mouth. Avoid soaking them in hot water.
If you are using a solution, make sure to rinse them properly:
Solutions used for cleaning or soaking dentures contain harmful chemicals. They may cause vomiting, stomach pain when swallowed. Therefore, thorough rinsing is important.
Go for regular dental checkups:
The dentist will advise you for regular checkups, and how often you should get dentures examined. If you face any difficulty such as, they are not fitting properly or have become loose, see your dentist immediately because these issues may cause irritation.
Following these tips will help you keep your dentures clean, and you will be able to use them for long. It is important to visit your dentist once in six months and get them checked for any signs of gum disease or irritation; so that your dentist will be able to help you recommend a cleaning method and suggest appropriate denture care products.
Smart-living-tips.com provide tips on smart living. It provides information on business, entertainment, health, society, and technology that helps to make smart choices.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal