ALL >> General >> View Article
4 Reasons Why Stevia Is Better Than Any Other Sweetener
Total Articles: 233
From a health point of view, sugar is your enemy; however, this does not mean that you must give up on sweets. The sweetener stevia is made from the leaves of the plant stevia that is native to South America. People in South America have been using it to sweeten their foods and beverages for over hundreds of years. The Food and Drug Administration approved Stevia as a natural sweetener in December 2008. And since then, its commercial use has rapidly increased in the United States. Due to its many health benefits, it has a rapidly growing popularity. It is now available under a variety of brand names.
You can buy natural Stevia extracts online and trying this absolutely amazing zero-calorie and zero carbohydrate sweetener for yourself. You can make a comparative study of the brands that sell stevia extracts or powders and get the best offer.
Here are some of the advantages of using Stevia as a sweetener:
1) It helps reduce food cravings
One of the main reasons why stevia is very popular is that it helps people lose weight. It is used in sweetening foods and beverages so that people who need to reduce the calorie intake do not have to sacrifice the sweet foods they love.
It can also help in weight loss by working as an appetite suppressant. You can swallow a few drops of concentrated stevia about 20 minutes before eating. Since stevia is all natural and has no known side effects, it can be certainly safe than taking those dangerous diet pills!
Studies have shown that it also reduces the desire for tobacco and alcohol.
2) It helps regulate blood sugar:
Doctors in Paraguay have been prescribing stevia since decades to their diabetic patients since stevia has properties which help to stabilize the blood sugar. While regular sugar can cause a sudden increase in one's blood sugar followed by a rapid drop, stevia leaves keeps the flow more constant.
Patients with hypertension (high Blood Pressure) have also benefited from using stevia leaf as it helps to lower their BP.
3) It prevent cavities:
When it is used in chewing gums and beverages, stevia can actually help prevent cavities from developing. It slows down the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth which causes plaque. It is thus used in toothpaste or mouthwash as it helps reduce problems with bleeding gums.
4) It has health-promoting antioxidants:
It has been observed that those who use stevia in oral care as well as in foods and beverages, come down with cold and flu less frequently. This is due to the many antioxidants and other nutrients like vitamins A and C, magnesium, zinc and iron in it.
General Articles1. A Guide To Web Hosting For The Beginner
Author: sumit gadre
2. Caliber Lims
Author: caliber universal
3. The Great Yellow Pages Classified Portal Script
4. The City Of Dar El Salam
Author: Medhat Elsergany
5. Java Training Institute Teaches You The Concept Of Ejb
6. Voip Softswitch Providers Give Best Technical Services
Author: sachin kumar
7. Why House Cleaning Is Vital To Your Health And Lifestyle
Author: Cassie Smitty
8. Make Your Home Décor Simple And Unique With Blanket Boxes
Author: Wooden Street
9. 12 Products That Get Rid Of Greasy Hair Fast
10. Explosive Detector Market Segmentation
Author: Shivani Singh
11. The Important Role Of Alarm Systems In The Industrial Sector
Author: Anu Walia
12. Votre Robe Calvin Klein était Hors De Ce Monde Sherobe
13. Mistakes When Opting For Family Chiropractic Clinics
Author: Nat Houston
14. How To Keep Outdoor Umbrellas From Falling
15. You Need Your Own Domain Name...
Author: sumith gadre