ALL >> Health >> View Article
Some Information About Scars
Total Articles: 17
Simple wounds do not leave behind scars, but large wounds turn into marks and do you know the reason behind it? They form when damage is caused to the deeper layer of the skin called dermis. When there is damage only to the external layer called epidermis, there will not be any mark once the wound cures. Generally, these marks produce a structural change in the deeper layers of skin, which is considered as a change in the architecture of the normal surface features. Most of us think that it is just a change in skin color, but it is not.
Some people think that there are different types of scars, but the fact is that there is only a single type. The appearance depends on the nature of the injury, its anatomical location and many other genetic factors that will differ from one individual to another. Here are some interesting facts about scars:
1. They generally occur when there is a tissue damage or repair
2. Some of them make changes that can disturb the physical architecture of normal skin
3. They occur either as a part of disease or after physical trauma
4. When the wound is not healed quickly, it will result in unsightly, thick scars that can cause other symptoms like itching, burning, etc.….
5. Some people will have a genetic tendency and it will result in the production of exanding and thicker marks called as Keloids.
6. In the areas, where there will be excess skin tension, the mark will look unattractive.
Many people having scars either because of earlier wounds or after surgery, have a doubt as to how to get rid of the problem. When this is the case of some, some of them who are going to undergo some surgeries, think as to whether it is possible to minimise scarring that will be caused after the surgery and whether any steps can be taken before the surgery itself to avoid the formation of marks.
Even though, there are gels and creams available in the market for providing treatment to marks, people who are going to undergo surgery can check with their dermatologist as to whether some preventive measures can be taken to minimise the chances of getting marks.
If you are worried about your unpleasant scar, there are good many products available to minimise scarring and you can search the internet for finding it.
This content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/Some-Information-About-Scars/8499009/
Health Articles1. Natural Breast Enlargement: 6 Tips And Techniques For More Beautiful Breasts | Breast Enlargement T
Author: Dr Hashmi
2. Keeping Manhood Skin Healthy After Tattoos
Author: John Dugan
3. Exercises Can Help You Increase Your Breast Size Naturally | Breast Enlargement Treatment
Author: Dr Hashmi
4. Help Children Grow Happily Under The Guidance Of Preschool Liverpool
Author: Colleen Grenville
5. Safe And Fast Relief Of Menopause
Author: Joseph Mary
6. Feel Young With These 5 Anti-ageing Treatment
Author: Peter Dobie
7. Clear Aligners Are Perfect To Straighten Crooked Teeth
Author: Neil Bullement
8. What Is The Best Martial Art In Kelowna For Kids?
Author: Mark Jamon
9. Why It Is Suggested To Go For Depression Counseling Programs?
Author: Angelika Matthias
10. Top Assisted Living Facilities In Albuquerque
Author: vikram kumar
11. Kidney Diseases
12. What To Look For In Best Bodybuilding Gym In Dallas
13. What To Look For In A Neighborhood Gym
14. Top Quality Service From Neighborhood Gym
15. Important Considerations About Strength Training In Dallas