ALL >> Health >> View Article
Some Information About Scars
Total Articles: 17
Simple wounds do not leave behind scars, but large wounds turn into marks and do you know the reason behind it? They form when damage is caused to the deeper layer of the skin called dermis. When there is damage only to the external layer called epidermis, there will not be any mark once the wound cures. Generally, these marks produce a structural change in the deeper layers of skin, which is considered as a change in the architecture of the normal surface features. Most of us think that it is just a change in skin color, but it is not.
Some people think that there are different types of scars, but the fact is that there is only a single type. The appearance depends on the nature of the injury, its anatomical location and many other genetic factors that will differ from one individual to another. Here are some interesting facts about scars:
1. They generally occur when there is a tissue damage or repair
2. Some of them make changes that can disturb the physical architecture of normal skin
3. They occur either as a part of disease or after physical trauma
4. When the wound is not healed quickly, it will result in unsightly, thick scars that can cause other symptoms like itching, burning, etc.….
5. Some people will have a genetic tendency and it will result in the production of exanding and thicker marks called as Keloids.
6. In the areas, where there will be excess skin tension, the mark will look unattractive.
Many people having scars either because of earlier wounds or after surgery, have a doubt as to how to get rid of the problem. When this is the case of some, some of them who are going to undergo some surgeries, think as to whether it is possible to minimise scarring that will be caused after the surgery and whether any steps can be taken before the surgery itself to avoid the formation of marks.
Even though, there are gels and creams available in the market for providing treatment to marks, people who are going to undergo surgery can check with their dermatologist as to whether some preventive measures can be taken to minimise the chances of getting marks.
If you are worried about your unpleasant scar, there are good many products available to minimise scarring and you can search the internet for finding it.
This content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/Some-Information-About-Scars/8499009/
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe