ALL >> Computers >> View Article
What Is The Hipaa Compliance Software?
Total Articles: 1
HIPAA Compliance Software - the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, mentions the set of rules and regulations that one needs to follow in order to maintain and protect the sensitive data. Any company that deals with PHI information needs to make sure that all the rules and regulations regarding the network and process security are mentioned and followed.
This software contains information regarding any individual who provides the treatment including the operations, healthcare measures as well as the payment. It also includes information on anyone who accesses the patient information and is also involved in the treatment procedures of the patient. In short it includes information on all those individuals who are involved with the patient whether one is treating him/her or is a mere subcontractor or is a business associate.
If you have plans to host your data with a HIPAA compliant hosting provider, make sure that the administrative, technical and physical safeguards are in place and are in order as per the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Following are certain important factors that one needs to consider:
• Physical safeguards deals with the access and control over the information. All those companies or entities that follow the HIPAA Compliance Software must follow the rules and regulations regarding the use and access of information both via electronic media as well as one’s workstations. And these rules are applicable to the removing, transferring, re-using as well as disposing of information protected by the electronic media.
• Technical safeguards deal with the level of access an authorized individual have to the sensitive patient information. These technical safeguards basically deal with the unique user IDs, emergency access procedure as well as automatic logging off and the encryption and decryption process.
• Maintaining of audit reports and tracking logs are very vital as it allows one to keep a track of who logged in when and where, what kind of information they accessed and so. In other words it gives a clear idea about the whole information access scenario.
• Make sure that all the technical policies are in place so that you know that the security measures have not been violated and hampered. Moreover the backup sites play a significant role in recovering the vital information.
• And finally you need to make sure that the transmission or network security is in place and is working properly otherwise you will not be able to keep a track of how the information was transmitted by email, Internet, or even over a private network.
It is extremely vital that you follow all these factors and keep an account of all that has been mentioned in order to ensure a smooth functioning of the compliance software so that all the vital and important information that is related to the patient is protected and safeguarded at all the times. Hence make sure that your site is as per the rules and regulations mentioned otherwise the smooth functioning of this software will be hampered to a great extent.
Refer to http://www.hipaacompliancesoftware.net/ if you wish to gather in-depth information about HIPAA Compliance Software and how it functions.
Computers Articles1. Defend Your Business From Ibm I Series Disaster Recovery Mistakes
Author: Noah Truax
2. Best Free Online Project Management Software
Author: Case Camp
3. Optimizing The Contract Management Process
Author: James Blake
4. Affordable Services For Xbox One Repair Glasgow
Author: Tony Blair
5. Things You Need To Know Before Choosing Free Proxies
8. Windows Update Error 80244018
9. Major Factors Affecting A Successful Implementation Of Hospital Management System
Author: sanchi mehra
10. Quick Fixes For Sony Playstation 4 Repair Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
11. Ecommerce Development In Prahladnagar
Author: ECommerce Development in Prahladnagar
12. How Norton App Lock Works?
Author: James Watson
13. How To Determine & Choose Best Online Cloud Backup Services ?
Author: Vidhi koya
14. Issues & Fixes For Xbox One Repair London
Author: Tony Blair
15. Microsoft Customer Service Your Way To Success
Author: Janey Smith