ALL >> Business >> View Article
Is Social Media Recruiting Here To Stay?
Total Articles: 7
The recruitment scenario has witnessed some drastic changes over the last decade. It has evolved in more than just a way. The biggest wave introduced to the recruiting platform was the emergence of social media and rise of employer branding as a tool to attract the right fit candidates. Social platforms like Facebook LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Twitter have helped many candidates find the right jobs and company and employers find the right fit candidates.
Use in recruitment
Social media, like it’s popularly used, isn’t just a medium to search for people or make connections or send messages. They have evolved as an important medium of reaching out to prospective candidates, especially passive ones. They also play an important role in marketing the employer brand in the right manner.
Recruitment is getting challenging by the day and social media recruiting has emerged as an effective solution to tackle it. Recruiters face constant pressures to bring in new processes, innovate, and use technologies and platforms that are foreign to them to attract top talent. What better than reaching out to candidates who can be accessed and connected easily?
Benefits and what does companies say
Social media today ranks amongst the top three sources for hiring quality candidates, the other two being employee referrals and traditional job boards. Recruiters say social recruiting has helped them find the right candidates, especially in case of priority positions. They are being able to market their company culture and benefits effectively among prospective candidates. They are being able to approach candidates directly rather than waiting for people to find them via job boards or word of mouth.
It has also made the recruiting process a lot more quick and cost effective. Integration of social media with applicant tracking systems and recruitment software has made it easy for recruiters to post open position details directly. Candidates get all required information and can apply through social sites as well.
Taking a step further, companies that have embraced social media recruiting are using business intelligence software to track and assess the value of candidates before they come in for an initial interview. It is also possible to measure which social networks are yielding the most reliable recruiting results effortlessly.
Social media presents a win-win platform for both candidates and employers. However, social media is not a quick fix solution. Be well prepared to put in the time and efforts needed for it to pay off. It takes roughly half a year to build an engaged network that begins producing measurable and consistent results in source of applicants and hires.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla