ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Swimming Pool Filters
Total Articles: 9
There are different kinds of swimming pool filters for your pool, and the ideal one depends on your preference, the pool’s location, and the type of pool that you have. Some filters are more suitable for pools that are located in open areas that get a lot of dust and dirt or where there is a lot of leaves and debris.
There are three basic choices for filters: cartridge, sand and diatomaceous earth filter systems. Every type of pool filter has its unique benefits and drawbacks.
Sand filters are very popular because they are durable, easy to use and inexpensive. Water from the pool is pulled in through the top of the filter and pushed through a bed of sand within the filter. The sand filters out the contaminants and clean water is pushed back into the pool through the bottom of the filter. Water flow decreases as the filter continues to remove debris from the water and the sand becomes plugged with debris. The filter can be easily cleaned by “backwashing” or reversing the water flow through the pump via a backwash valve. The sand can be replaced if the filter becomes too dirty. One of the drawbacks to sand filters is that some particles might not be filtered and will remain in the swimming pool water. These filters are capable of filtering down to 20-25 microns. Sand filters require weekly backwashing for optimal efficiency. Backwashing is not permitted in some locales, and are the least energy efficient type of filter.
Cartridge filters are smaller, more affordable and more energy efficient than sand filters. Water is filtered through the paper-like surface of the filter which traps dirt and debris from the pool and filtered water is returned to the pool. Cartridge filters run at a lower pressure and require less water for operation than sand filters, so less pressure is required from the pump. Cleaning the filter generally requires spraying with a hose, and no backwashing is needed. Cartridge filters are capable of filtering particles down to 5 microns.
D.E. filters or diatomaceous earth filters use mined fossilized exoskeletons of tiny diatoms to coat the grids in the filter and filter out debris and other impurities from the water. The grids inside the D.E. filter tank with are coated with D.E. Powder that acts like sand to filter small particles from the water. DE filters can filter particles that are as small as 3 microns. Similar to sand filters, when the pressure in the filter rises, it becomes less efficient and requires backwashing and replacing of the D.E. powder through a slurry into the skimmer. These filters can make the water clearer, but they are more expensive and need more upkeep than sand or cartridge filters, because the D.E. powder must be replaced every time the filter is backwashed. These filters also run at a higher pressure than cartridge filters. D.E. filters must be cleaned thoroughly at least once a year.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!