ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Use Of Lacrosse Helmets
Total Articles: 6
Lacrosse has become increasing popular these days. From a sport being played only in boarding schools, to a sport being played in every college and school, Lacrosse has come a long way. Choosing equipment for your game must be done carefully. Be it helmets, heads or handles; each of these equipment should complement your style and help in improving your game.
Helmets are the foremost protective gear a lacrosse player needs. Before you buy a helmet, you need to understand the various parts of the headgear.
• Shell covers most part of the helmet and is the integral part of it as well. It protects the player from the blows to the back of the head.
• Visor is the protective area above the eyebrows. While buying a helmet if the visor properly fits your forehead, then it can help in getting a clear view.
• Chin as the name suggests, protects the lower jaw.
• Facemask is the most important part of the helmet. It is a grid-like structure with a metal bar running from the top to bottom in the centre of the helmet. It protects you during falls and accidental hits.
There are a few additional accessories you can choose from.
By adding a splash of colour according to your choice you can customise your helmets. Decals are also extremely attractive. Many manufacturers provide preset decals or custom-made decals. 3D designs, metallic and matte finish can give you a stylish edge.
Lacrosse Helmets are made of steel, titanium or chrome. Steel is heavy but can help you immensely while playing on a sunny day as it doesn’t heat up soon. Titanium is durable and weighs lesser than any other material. Chrome weighs between steel and titanium though they may get dented easily.
Few factors to consider while buying a helmet
Whenever you choose equipment for any sport, it is extremely important you take a few details under consideration. The same goes while choosing a lacrosse helmet.
• Protection: Being the most important protective gear, the primary factor to consider is protection. The Seven Technology linear system or multi –foam linear system is the latest system which helps in dispersing the energy of the blow and reducing it to softer blows thereby decreasing the impact. Padding of the helmet can also give an added advantage.
• Proper fit: Make sure the helmet fits perfectly. The strap under the chin should be tight. If the helmet keeps sliding front or back, then it can obscure your vision. Make sure you get a clear undisturbed vision through the facemask. If you choose a proper fitting helmet, then there will be no causes for headaches or soreness.
• Lightweight: Choose a helmet which is lightweight so that it doesn’t burden you while you are playing. Also don’t compromise on your protection. From steel, chrome and titanium, choose the material which is ideal for you.
• The helmet must be approved from the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment.
• Check for dents and scratches before you choose a helmet.
Warrior Lacrosse and Cascade are one of the largest manufacturers for lacrosse products. They offer numerous options to choose from. You can also customise your helmet by choosing colours for your shell, visor, and chin and also by adding accessories.
It doesn’t matter if you a seasoned player or just a beginner make sure you understand your playing style and needs while choosing any equipment. Always try the helmet and check for the fit before you make a choice.
Author is an associate editor for Lacrosse Helmets. Metro Sports Brokers got complete selection of custom and stock of lacrosse helmets from American made Cascade lacrosse company. Warrior Lacrosse.Shop for all your lacrosse equipment and apparel needs from Metro Sport Brokers including lacrosse sticks and shafts, lacrosse gloves, lacrosse gear, Lacrosse Goggles.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far