ALL >> Health >> View Article
Atarax Is Used To Relieve Itching-buykamageragold
Total Articles: 2
Atarax (Hydroxyzine) is used for the relief of pruritus (itching) caused by various allergic conditions. It is also used for treating anxiety and tension, and inducing sedation prior to or after anesthesia.
DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM:
This drug is an antihistamine with anticholinergic (drying) and sedative properties that is used to treat allergic reactions. When histamine binds to its receptors on cells, it causes the cells to release chemical messengers that lead to sneezing, itching, and increased mucus production. Antihistamines, like histamine, binds to the histamine receptors, but when they bind to the receptors they do not stimulate the cells to release chemical messengers. In addition, they prevent histamine from binding and stimulating the cells. Hydroxyzine itself has no histamine-like activity. After ingestion, it is converted to its active form. The active form of hydroxyzine is a drug called cetirizine (Zyrtec). Although, both hydroxyzine and cetirizine act as antihistamines, hydroxyzine causes more sedation than cetirizine. The FDA approved hydroxyzine .
Hydroxyzine has its maximal effect about 30 to 60 minutes after it is taken. Its effects last for 4 to 6 hours.
• When used for sedation, the recommended dose is 50 to 100 mg orally or 25 to 100 mg by intramuscular injection.
• Anxiety and tension are managed with 50 to 100 mg in 4 divided doses or 50-100 mg intramuscular injection in 4 or 6 divided doses.
• Alcohol withdrawal is treated with a 50-100 mg injection and may be repeated every 4 to 6 hours as needed.
• The dose for nausea and vomiting is 25 to 100 mg by injection.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: breathing problems (such as emphysema, asthma), high pressure in the eye (glaucoma), heart problems, high blood pressure, kidney problems, liver problems, seizures, stomach/intestine problems (such as ulcer, blockage), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), difficulty urinating (for example, due to enlarged prostate).
This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy .
This drug commonly cause sedation, tiredness, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, drying and thickening of oral and other respiratory secretions, and stomach distress. It may also cause confusion, nervousness, irritability, blurred vision, double vision, tremor, loss of appetite, or nausea. Hydroxyzine should be used with caution (if at all) in persons with narrow-angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate gland), hyperthyroidism, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and asthma.
For symptomatic relief of anxiety and tension associated with psychoneurosis and as an adjunct in organic disease states in which anxiety is manifested.
Useful in the management of pruritus due to allergic conditions such as chronic urticaria and atopic and contact dermatoses, and in histamine-mediated pruritus.
As a sedative when used as premedication and following general anesthesia, hydroxyzine may potentiate meperidine and barbiturates, so their use in pre-anesthetic adjunctive therapy should be modified on an individual basis.Atropine and other belladonna alkaloids are not affected by the drug. Hydroxyzine is not known to interfere with the action of digitalis in any way and it may be used concurrently with this agent.
This drug should be store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
Health Articles1. How To Choose The Right Cbd Edibles For You?
2. A Detailed Insight On Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
3. Astigmatism- Cause, Symptoms And Astigmatism Treatment In India
4. Essential Things To Know About Glaucoma Treatment
5. Affordable, Accessible And Best Cataract Treatment In India
6. A Detailed Insight On Amblyopia Treatment In India
7. Male Organ Health For Those Into Kink
Author: John Dugan
8. Bedbugs Pest Control Services In London
9. Mice Rat Pest Control In London
10. Chronic Kidney Diseases And Its Symptoms Mustn’t Be Taken Evenly!
Author: Aditi Joshi
11. Essential Tremor Education Center Kicks Off National Campaign
12. Health Benefits Of Pistachios For All Ages
Author: Mukesh Maheshwari
13. Why A Bent Male Organ May Be Related To High Blood Pressure
Author: John Dugan
14. How To Regulate Blood Glucose Levels With Herbal Diabetes Remedies?
Author: Aylward Morales
15. Herbal Supplements To Improve Memory Power And Boost Brain Functions
Author: Aylward Morales