ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Florida Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court Circuit Court Ruling Admission Of Autopsy Pictures Not U
Total Articles: 4
In the case of Montes-Valeton vs. State of Florida, the Second District Court of Appeal affirmed the trial court's conviction in addition to sentence of defendant for the crime of dui causing serious bodily injury. The defendant appealed the court's sentence challenging 1) the admission of the results of a blood alcohol test conducted on blood samples taken from the driver at the scene of a single-vehicle accident that caused the death of the passenger within the motor vehicle being driven by the defendant, & 2) the admission of autopsy pictures of the victim into evidence. The appellate court held that, on the grounds that the defendant had not properly objected as to the admission of the blood analysis at the time of the trial, the question was not preserved for appellate review. Relating to the admission of the autopsy pictures, the court held that, while the admission may have been incorrect, since the medical examiner could've testified to every thing shown in the pictures, as a consequence limiting the unfair prejudice, the jury's result of the lesser included offense of driving under the influence resulting in serious bodily injuries, & not DUI manslaughter (even though a fatality occurred) indicates, beyond a reasonable doubt, the fact that the admission of the autopsy photographs was indeed harmless.
For more information on Expungement Forms Florida , Criminal Attorney Miami FL or DUI Attorney Miami FL you can contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 2 South Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33131 (305) 459-3286
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer