ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
How To Make Tasty And Toothsome Sambhar?
Total Articles: 20
Sambhar is very popular South Indian dish which is made almost every day in homes in this part of the world. Now it has gained popularity worldwide. The main reason behind its popularity is low calories and smacking taste, this dish goes very well with Rice, Dosa, Idli and with Vada-Paav. The biggest advantage is that one can use any seasonal vegetable in Sambhar; it is the tastiest way to consume seasonal vegetables and stay healthy. It takes very little time to cook and can be eaten with breakfast or lunch and dinner.
To make tasty and toothsome Sambhar adopt following method and add another feather to your culinary skills. Take 1 cup yellow Lentils, 1 chopped Tomato, 1 Onion chopped preferably large in size, 2 diced Brinjals, 1 diced Potato, cut 1 Drumstick into 4 pieces, salt and 1 tablespoon of Tamarind Pulp. For seasoning Sambhar take 1 tablespoon of any vegetable oil, 6 Curry leaves, 1 teaspoon of Mustard oil and one-forth teaspoon of Asafoetida powder. For making Sambhar Masala you will need Coriander seeds, split Bengal gram and split Black Lentils one tablespoon each; split Yellow Lentils, vegetable oil and Turmeric powder one teaspoon each and half teaspoon of Asafoetida powder and 6-8 whole Red Chilies. In place of all these spices you can use Majithia Sambhar Masala; it will save your time as well as ensure exotic taste and aroma.
If you are using spices for preparing Sambhar Masala then roast all the spices in hot oil, when completely roasted sieve the mixture and prepare a paste by grinding them together. Keep this paste separately. Instead of this you can make paste by mixing Majithia Sambhar Masala Powder with water. Pressure-cook Lentils, Potatoes, Brinjal, Onion and Drumsticks with two cups of water. Once cooked, release all the steam and remove the lid of pressure cooker. Add Tamarind pulp, salt, Sambhar Masala paste and 4 cups of water. Bring this mixture to a boil. Put a Frying pan on the stove and add oil to it; add Mustard seeds, Curry leaves and Asafoetida, heat the mixture till Mustard seeds start to crackle. Add this mixture to the boiling mixture in the pressure cooker and stir the entire mixture for 10-15 minutes. Scrumptious Sambhar is ready to be served, serve it hot and along with freshly made Idli, Rice, Dosa or Vada-Paav. If you are using Majithia Sambhar Masala in place of homemade Sambhar Masala, use quantity of
the powder as per directions provided on the label.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Common Healthy Food That You Can Include In Your Diet
2. Why Should You Buy Organic Health Food Online
3. Tips On Adopting Healthy Snacks
4. Say Goodbye To Disease And Obesity With Chia Seeds And Coconut Oil
5. How To Select Natural Shampoo Conditioner For Your Hair
6. Make Chia Seeds A Part Of Your Daily Diet To Live A Healthy Life
7. What Do You Need To Have In Your Kitchen To Prepare Healthy Breakfast?
8. Why People Love 2 Die 4 Activated Nuts?
9. London Cafe Service
Author: London Cafe
10. Toronto Food Delivery Service – A Reliable Service For Getting Nutritious Food
Author: Oliver Shin
11. A Baker’s Guide To Cake Delivery In Delhi
Author: Ritika Raj
12. Kids Birthday Cakes Are Something Special From Cake.lk
13. Water Company Perth Advice: Be Aware Of Water Intoxication
Author: Alan Scott
14. Spring Water Suppliers Advice On Locating Your Water Cooler
Author: Alan Scott
15. Paper Plates For An Eco-friendly Lifestyle
Author: Anupreeta Chatterjee