ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Head Or Tail
Total Articles: 26
A field surrounded by 11 players per team and all chasing one red hard ball is all what cricket is. Coin toss is done just before the match begins, winner choose either they will do batting first or balling. The batting team continues to perform their inning until ten of its players are out or specific number of over are done. After that teams switch their positions and now batting team takes a position for fielding. The objective of the game is to score more than the opponents while other team attempts to stop to make more runs by first team.
Cricket was first played in England in 16th century. It is mostly liked and played in Australasia, England, the Indian subcontinent, the West Indies and South Africa. With the passage of time, changes are done to make this game more exciting and trilling.
Five important elements without which rules of cricket cannot be define i.e. pitch, wicket, creases ,umpires and live score. Usually match is monitored by 2 umpires but now days 3rd umpire is a new addition to panel. His role is to monitor whether the ball is delivered correctly when run is scored or batmen is out. Weather influence and good lighting also played a vital role in all cricket matches. Umpire also gives final decision on weather conditions because dampness affects the bonus of the ball on the pitch.
There are different types of cricket matches. Such as:
*test cricket: considered as first class cricket. These matches are conducted among those national teams which are member of ICC (International cricket council).Usually test matches are played between two teams in a group of matches known as ‘series’. Series consist of minimum 3 to 5 matches which last up to 5 days.
*one day cricket: match with limited overs which was introduced by England. Each team play a single inning for limited overs, usually a maximum of 50 overs.Twenty20 is a new version of one day cricket matches.
The governing body of all cricket matches is ICC, which has headquarter in Dubia.It consist of 104 members.ICC is responsible for organizing all major cricket tournaments and also appoints umpires.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far