ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Home Improvement Tips For Better Indoor Air Quality
Total Articles: 9
Indoor air quality is defined in terms of the air occupied within a building and it affects the overall health of people living in the home. Poor indoor air quality is due to accumulation of pollutants - smoke from combustion, paints, carbon monoxide, mold and dust.
If there is not enough ventilation, pollutants cannot go out and this makes people uncomfortable. In the long run, this may cause respiratory or skin diseases. This article discusses about how to keep the air in your home clean and healthy.
Choosing right flooring material
As part of home improvement, many of us look for a variety of flooring material without realizing their threat to indoor air quality. Flooring materials like vinyl flooring release toxic chemicals in the building which are not good for health. Therefore, you need consider flooring material that offers allergens-free certification like hardwood and cork flooring, that are durable and resist the growth of contaminants.
Manage mold growth
Mold growth in the interiors of the house is one of the aspects that affect indoor air quality. Usually excess moisture and water leaks from plumbing encourage growth of molds and other biological contaminants. If you ignore mold growth, it can create serious health issues such as respiratory problems, increase in allergic symptoms and other health problems. Therefore, fix water leaks in roofs, ceilings, pipes and provide enough ventilation throughout the home.
Indoor air pollutants
Since indoor air quality is affected by pollutants such as mold, dust mites, animal fur, smoke from combustion, formaldehyde from appliances, radon and asbestos from wall materials, you should control these pollutants. Regular maintenance of mattresses, carpets and clear blockage of air vents of furnace, ensures that combustion fumes go out.
Periodic maintenance of HVAC
People spend maximum time in their home. The probability of health issues is more if the HVAC system is not maintained well. The air duct of the HVAC system is a major component and it gets contaminated by dust, mold and other biological contaminants. Thus, air ducts become a major problem in degradation of indoor air quality when they are not maintained properly.
Design garage system
Indoor air gets contaminated if the design of garage system allows automobiles' fumes to enter the home. As automobiles are sources of harmful gases like carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, they create suffocation. Therefore, renovate the garage system so that combustion fumes do not enter the home.
Smart-living-tips.com provide tips on smart living. It provides information on business, entertainment, health, society, and technology that helps to make smart choices.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi