ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Get The Emirates Id?
Total Articles: 7
Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) is an independent federal authority that was established in 2004 for population registration and ID card issuance program. EIDA issues Emirates ID, which is used for availing any of the government services of the United Arab Emirates. However, this id is also used for:
• Identification and verification as per international standards
• Accessing secure e-services
• Protecting identity from frauds and identity-thefts
However, the main question is, who is this Dubai national ID for? It is mandatory for all citizens and legal residents. Whether you are an expat or UAE citizen, you need to have this ID.
Who can apply for it?
• UAE national with or without social insurance
• GCC national
• UAE resident/ Expat
How would you apply for it?
There are two ways to apply for it. You can do it online or offline. Let’s look at the online method first:
• Visit the website: Enter all the details; scan your passport if you are an expat. You would need to scan passport and family book if you are UAE national. Then, you would pay the fees and receive an SMS with interview date and time.
• You would visit the registration office to complete biometrics – fingerprint and photograph.
• Collect new Dubai national id.
Here is the offline method. However, it is very important to note that offline method is extremely time consuming and it hardly finishes in one visit.
• Find out typing centre online.
• Visit typing centre to enter the details in form.
• Visit registration centre to submit form, supportive documents, complete biometric procedure and pay fees
• Receive your Emirates ID.
What are the documents needed?
The supporting documents would vary with each person. However, there are certain standard documents for everyone, while there are certain documents specific to the nationality. The general documents are:
• Valid passport
• Expired ID card
Here is what different people need to present along with it to complete the documentation:
• UAE nationals – family book
• GCC nationals and residents – UAE residence document or entry visa
This process is applicable and mandatory for people of all nationalities staying in UAE and people of all ages too. Though UAE nationals get a huge discount in the registration process, it is mandatory for everyone. UAE and GCC nationals could pay 100 AED for issuance and renewal of National ID for next 5 years while expats land up paying 100 AED for issuance and annual renewal. This is a yearly process for UAE residents.
Author Bio :
Arvind Sharma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Arvind likes to contribute information on visa and EIDA registration services. He explains in detail what are the document needed while applying for an Emirates ID.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler