ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Get The Emirates Id?
Total Articles: 7
Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) is an independent federal authority that was established in 2004 for population registration and ID card issuance program. EIDA issues Emirates ID, which is used for availing any of the government services of the United Arab Emirates. However, this id is also used for:
• Identification and verification as per international standards
• Accessing secure e-services
• Protecting identity from frauds and identity-thefts
However, the main question is, who is this Dubai national ID for? It is mandatory for all citizens and legal residents. Whether you are an expat or UAE citizen, you need to have this ID.
Who can apply for it?
• UAE national with or without social insurance
• GCC national
• UAE resident/ Expat
How would you apply for it?
There are two ways to apply for it. You can do it online or offline. Let’s look at the online method first:
• Visit the website: Enter all the details; scan your passport if you are an expat. You would need to scan passport and family book if you are UAE national. Then, you would pay the fees and receive an SMS with interview date and time.
• You would visit the registration office to complete biometrics – fingerprint and photograph.
• Collect new Dubai national id.
Here is the offline method. However, it is very important to note that offline method is extremely time consuming and it hardly finishes in one visit.
• Find out typing centre online.
• Visit typing centre to enter the details in form.
• Visit registration centre to submit form, supportive documents, complete biometric procedure and pay fees
• Receive your Emirates ID.
What are the documents needed?
The supporting documents would vary with each person. However, there are certain standard documents for everyone, while there are certain documents specific to the nationality. The general documents are:
• Valid passport
• Expired ID card
Here is what different people need to present along with it to complete the documentation:
• UAE nationals – family book
• GCC nationals and residents – UAE residence document or entry visa
This process is applicable and mandatory for people of all nationalities staying in UAE and people of all ages too. Though UAE nationals get a huge discount in the registration process, it is mandatory for everyone. UAE and GCC nationals could pay 100 AED for issuance and renewal of National ID for next 5 years while expats land up paying 100 AED for issuance and annual renewal. This is a yearly process for UAE residents.
Author Bio :
Arvind Sharma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Arvind likes to contribute information on visa and EIDA registration services. He explains in detail what are the document needed while applying for an Emirates ID.
Travel Articles1. Discover Yourself On Solo Vacations
Author: Noah Daniel
2. How We Make Your Gold Coast Airport Transfers Memorable
3. Planning A Vacation To Cuba
Author: Stephen David
4. Raised Glasses With Wedding Transportation Of Dc
Author: Saied Luliah
5. Upper Dolpo Trekking – Simply Picturesque
6. No Trouble Travel To The Super Bowl With A Denver Charter Bus
Author: Lucille W. Hill
7. Experience Nature's Beauty & Adventure On Your Tanzania Safari Tours
Author: Ireneus Kitena
8. Love Your Friendships This Valentine’s Day With A Party Bus In Pittsburgh
Author: Iris K. Allen
9. At The Top Burj Khalifa, Sky Experience Ticket
Author: Rohan Mustafa
10. Travel To Korea – Get The Korea Winter Tour Package On Demand Now!
Author: Tommy Na
11. Things To Know Before You Sign With An Airport Shuttle Services In Texas
Author: Joe Yetzer
12. Suitably Fun Prom Transportation With A Denver Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
13. How Would You Balance The Ruins And The Dunes On Your Morocco Day Tours?
Author: Ali oussou
14. Bus Ticket Booking Is No Longer An Annoyance As It Used To Be
Author: Online Bus Ticket Booking
15. Can We Discover All The Hidden Marvels From Catania To Taormina At Our Own Pace With Taxi Taormina?
Author: Christian Guardione