ALL >> Art >> View Article
Tips On Buying Antiques
Total Articles: 9
Buying antiques is very exciting and it will add a different style and look to your living space. Once you begin to buy and decorate the space around you with antiques, it becomes your hobby. Buying antiques is something that requires time and knowledge about it. This article will help you in the buying process, especially when buying for the first time.
Following are some tips that will help you in buying antiques:
• Know what you are looking for
There are many types of antiques that are available in the market, you should be clear on the type you are planning to buy. If you are not clear you can read book/s or there is a lot of information on the Internet that will help you know more about it. The collected information will help you in purchasing.
• Buy from a reputable dealer
It is better to buy from a reputable dealer so that you are guaranteed. To know if the dealer is reliable check with the better business bureau (BBB) if the dealer has any complaints. Remember when purchasing an antique, the shopkeeper should give a written receipt. If the shopkeeper is not willing to provide you with a detailed receipt, it is better to look for another dealer.
• Don't hesitate to ask for a discount
Some dealers demand for more in order to get a good price. They often keep more profit margins when selling any item. So don't hesitate to ask for a good discount. This will help you save some money.
• Purchase the one you feel is the best
Purchasing antiques for investment purpose can be a risky business. No guarantee can be given whether the value of it will increase or remain the same. However, if you want to buy for decorating purpose, you need not think a lot before buying. Buy the piece that you feel is the best and the one you can afford. Don't buy if you are not satisfied.
• If you find an antique that you were looking for. Grab it!
You have waited all this while to get that one signature piece you were looking for and you have found it. Don't let that antique go, just buy it. If you think you will be able to find the same piece for a good price at other stores, then look for it. At the end you will be happy for possessing the one you were looking for.
Smart-living-tips.com provide tips on smart living. It provides information on business, entertainment, health, society, and technology that helps to make smart choices.
Art Articles1. The Ethnic Style Of The Ponchos
2. Knitted Ponchos Get More Notices During Winters
3. Ask These Four Questions Before You Hire A Video Production Company
Author: Urban Contour
4. Devin Suau's Young Friend Writes Children's Book To Raise Funds
5. Hire Aerial Filming Services To Document Work In Progress Of Mega Projects
6. Dance Classes & Music Lessons Make You Smarter
7. Dr. Chiufang Hwang's Memoir Grown-up Child Chronicles A Taiwanese-american Girl’s Culture, Chores An
8. Steps To Become An Interior Designer, From Designtab An Interior Designer Company In Kolkata.
Author: Design Tab
9. Birthday Gifts Ahmedabad - Handmade Designer Gifts
Author: WINKS OF JOY
10. Explore The Vision Of Freelance Advertising Agency Art Director
Author: Ryan Tim
11. Things To Consider While Choosing Wedding Photographers To Get The Best Photos Of Your Special Day
Author: snehal desai
12. Gain Perfection In Professional Photography Magazine With Creative Image!!!
Author: Photographer's guide book
13. American Artist Man Ray And His Muses
Author: SIKHA DOCTOR
14. Wall Murals Leave A Lasting Mark On Your Business
Author: John Trinh
15. Painter Brisbane: Best Painting And Painters In Qld Brisbane Call: 0402 468 741
Author: Painter Brisbane - Commercial painting, Residential painting, Industrial painting, and services, b