ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are The Requirements For Transit Visa To Thailand?
Total Articles: 13
For 3 types of travel objectives, Thailand Embassy issues transit visa. These include:
• Visa for a regular tourist who has a stopover at Thai airports for more than 12 hours.
• For sports personalities participating in competition
• For crew members of ship coming to the port
For each of these purposes, travellers and professionals will need to fulfil different kinds of requirements. However, they mostly need to demonstrate the requirement to enter the country along with the further course of action after the transit stay. In other words, regular tourists need to submit further travel itinerary, sports personalities need to submit letter of invitation from the Thai sports organization and crew members entering the port need to submit letters from concerned organization and an invitation letter from Thailand.
Apart from these requirements, you will need the following documents for be eligible for Thailand transit visa:
• Valid passport: It should be valid for at least 6 months from the travel date.
• Completely and accurately filled visa application form
• Photographs – They should be taken as per the standardized visa requirements.
• Confirmed and paid flight ticket to the further destination where you intend to go after your stay in Thailand
• Travel itinerary in the country, where you would be headed after your stay
• Visa of the country that would fly to from Thailand
Once you fulfil these requirements and pay the visa fee, Thai embassy would process your visa and approve it under following conditions:
• This visa would be valid for three months only. However, this duration of three months begin from the date you submit your Thailand transit visa application and not the travel dates. So you must plan it within the duration of applicable three months.
• You could stay for 30 days in Thailand from the date you enter. However, if you want to stay for more than 30 days, you need to apply for either extension or another type of Thai visa. Whether you would be granted an extension or another visa would depend on the immigration office policies and personnel.
When you typically opt to apply for transit visa, it is typically used for the period between the two flights or two ship journeys. Therefore, you must evaluate the cost of this visa in terms of visa fee and accommodation charges for period of your stay. It would give you a clear idea as to which is the most suitable destination in Thailand for your transit stay.
Author Bio :
Yogesh Verma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Yogesh likes to contribute information on Thailand Visa and visa related services. He explains in detail the documents required for and the procedure of applying for a Thailand Transit Visa.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco