ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are The Requirements For Transit Visa To Thailand?
Total Articles: 13
For 3 types of travel objectives, Thailand Embassy issues transit visa. These include:
• Visa for a regular tourist who has a stopover at Thai airports for more than 12 hours.
• For sports personalities participating in competition
• For crew members of ship coming to the port
For each of these purposes, travellers and professionals will need to fulfil different kinds of requirements. However, they mostly need to demonstrate the requirement to enter the country along with the further course of action after the transit stay. In other words, regular tourists need to submit further travel itinerary, sports personalities need to submit letter of invitation from the Thai sports organization and crew members entering the port need to submit letters from concerned organization and an invitation letter from Thailand.
Apart from these requirements, you will need the following documents for be eligible for Thailand transit visa:
• Valid passport: It should be valid for at least 6 months from the travel date.
• Completely and accurately filled visa application form
• Photographs – They should be taken as per the standardized visa requirements.
• Confirmed and paid flight ticket to the further destination where you intend to go after your stay in Thailand
• Travel itinerary in the country, where you would be headed after your stay
• Visa of the country that would fly to from Thailand
Once you fulfil these requirements and pay the visa fee, Thai embassy would process your visa and approve it under following conditions:
• This visa would be valid for three months only. However, this duration of three months begin from the date you submit your Thailand transit visa application and not the travel dates. So you must plan it within the duration of applicable three months.
• You could stay for 30 days in Thailand from the date you enter. However, if you want to stay for more than 30 days, you need to apply for either extension or another type of Thai visa. Whether you would be granted an extension or another visa would depend on the immigration office policies and personnel.
When you typically opt to apply for transit visa, it is typically used for the period between the two flights or two ship journeys. Therefore, you must evaluate the cost of this visa in terms of visa fee and accommodation charges for period of your stay. It would give you a clear idea as to which is the most suitable destination in Thailand for your transit stay.
Author Bio :
Yogesh Verma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Yogesh likes to contribute information on Thailand Visa and visa related services. He explains in detail the documents required for and the procedure of applying for a Thailand Transit Visa.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.