ALL >> Business >> View Article
Sourcing In Mexico Is A Growing Trend
Total Articles: 55
Increasingly, given labor, as well as logistics and transportation cost considerations, companies located in the Americas are seeking to do more sourcing of the material inputs that go into manufactured products closer to home.
Sourcing in Mexico is becoming a topic of ever growing interest given contemporary trade patterns and tendencies, economic conditions and constraints, and commercial flows. Major players, particularly in Mexico’s automotive industry are making a concerted effort to dedicate the time and allocate the resources required to increase their capabilities with respect to their ability to conduct activities aimed at maximizing their ability to conduct activities related to sourcing in Mexico successfully.
An example of one such company is automotive OEM, Nissan. According to recent reports the Japanese passenger and light vehicle manufacturer has announced its intention to increase its sourcing in Mexico by a factor of three. The company’s stated goal is to up the value of its local buy to seven billion dollars by 2016. If Nissan succeeeds in reaching this level of local consumption, the result will be that eighty percent of the Sentra sedans that it builds at its plant in Aguascalientes will be comprised of Mexican content.
For companies that are attempting to engage in greater sourcing in Mexico activity after having looked predominately to the Far East, and China, in particular, it must keep in mind that sourcing in Mexico is a different proposition. Due to the size of its economy, the supplier base that Mexico possesses at present exists on a smaller scale than that encountered in China. Although sourcing in Mexico may be a much more labor intensive activity than in China, at least at this point in time, rewards can be reaped as a result of doing business closer to home.
Although, at times, identifying potential Mexican suppliers for materials and finished goods can be challenging, if successful, companies that do significant sourcing in Mexico will reap the benefit from some, or all, of the following competitive advantages possessed by Mexico:
• Preferable tariff and duty treatment for items purchased and consumed
• Competitive priced skilled and semi-skilled labor
• Reasonably priced transportation
• Accelerated and more predictable delivery times
As the country’s base of suppliers grows, fueled by the greater deployment of both foreign and national capital, sourcing in Mexico will be the option chosen by companies doing business in North, and to a degree, Central and South America.
Business Articles1. Retrofit Height Adjustable Desk
2. Bring In Professional Experts To Rule Out The Adverse Effects Of Fire Damage
Author: Ethan Lewis
3. Mp Breaking News –easily Know The Every Single Movement Happening Around Mp
4. Carbonated Soft Drink
5. Get The High Quality Patio That Will Make You Happy And Satisfied
Author: Carol Belanger
6. Get The Fitted Wardrobe That Will Make You Happiest In Your Room
Author: Kevin Gasser
7. Get The Right Training Room For Your Important Event
Author: Singapore training
8. Learn How To Get A Carport That Suits Your Needs
Author: Adam Greger
9. Contact Professional Company For Best Retaining Walls Adelaide Solutions
10. Choose Banc De Binary Broker For Opening An Account In Binary Options Trading Market
11. Medicos Venezolanos Para Trabajar En Ecuador, Foro Ecuador
12. Taking Care Of Your Floors During The Winter
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and operated establishment. Barry Silverstein has over 38 y
13. Phen375 Vs Phenq Fat Burning Diet Pills Reviews Shocking Comparison Facts
14. Let’s Understand Real Estate Regulations Act [rera]
Author: Aksha Group
15. Various Benefits Of Using Silver Coated Copper Wires For Industrial Applications
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh.