ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Document Checklist For Indian Visa Requirements
Total Articles: 3
The requirements for an Indian visa vary with the country of origin, type of visa, age of person, etc. For example, a businessman seeking a business visa from the US will need a different checklist of documents for India when compared to a medical tourist from France. So, it is essential that you understand that there are two lists. One has the standard documents while the second one comes with documents specifically required for your Indian visa. General documents required for an Indian visa are:
• Valid passport: There should be minimal validity of 6 months on your passport from the travel date. It should be original passport with pending blank pages. If you have any old passports, they must be submitted along with the current one.
• Recent photograph: Your full face should be properly visible in the photograph. This photograph should be taken in three months before the visa application.
• Proof of residence: There are several documents that can be used as proof of residence such as governmental identification card or utility bill for gas, electrify, or telephone.
• Proof of profession: Certification from the employer is required. If you are a student, you could use your school or college’s ID card.
• Proof of financial soundness: You can use the latest bank statements showing sufficient bank balance in your account. What is sufficient bank balance? It should be enough to sponsor your India trip and all associated expenses. So, the standardized amount requirement for Indian visa will vary with each type of visa. You have different kind of expenses and life style if you enter India for studies, work, medical treatment and conference.
• Properly filled online visa application form: This form has to be accurately filled and signed.
The second list is much more customised. You cannot include documents required for work visa into the list of journalist visa as they vary considerably. But, it includes the details of your trip. Whether you are going for treatment or business, you need to establish your need to enter India. Businessmen need the business documents, students need acceptance letters from the established educational institutes, medical tourists need reports from local and Indian hospitals, transit visa applicants need further travel itinerary, so on and so forth.
However, it is essential that you understand that submission of accurate papers doesn’t guarantee approved Indian visa. That’s where the eligibility criteria come into the equation. For example: the bank statement should establish that you can handle all expenses.
About the Author:
Sudarshan Ajith is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. He talks about the standard as well as the customised list of documents required for Indian visa . He also provides information about specific visa requirements for India , based on the country of origin, type of visa, age of person etc.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure