ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Document Checklist For Indian Visa Requirements
Total Articles: 3
The requirements for an Indian visa vary with the country of origin, type of visa, age of person, etc. For example, a businessman seeking a business visa from the US will need a different checklist of documents for India when compared to a medical tourist from France. So, it is essential that you understand that there are two lists. One has the standard documents while the second one comes with documents specifically required for your Indian visa. General documents required for an Indian visa are:
• Valid passport: There should be minimal validity of 6 months on your passport from the travel date. It should be original passport with pending blank pages. If you have any old passports, they must be submitted along with the current one.
• Recent photograph: Your full face should be properly visible in the photograph. This photograph should be taken in three months before the visa application.
• Proof of residence: There are several documents that can be used as proof of residence such as governmental identification card or utility bill for gas, electrify, or telephone.
• Proof of profession: Certification from the employer is required. If you are a student, you could use your school or college’s ID card.
• Proof of financial soundness: You can use the latest bank statements showing sufficient bank balance in your account. What is sufficient bank balance? It should be enough to sponsor your India trip and all associated expenses. So, the standardized amount requirement for Indian visa will vary with each type of visa. You have different kind of expenses and life style if you enter India for studies, work, medical treatment and conference.
• Properly filled online visa application form: This form has to be accurately filled and signed.
The second list is much more customised. You cannot include documents required for work visa into the list of journalist visa as they vary considerably. But, it includes the details of your trip. Whether you are going for treatment or business, you need to establish your need to enter India. Businessmen need the business documents, students need acceptance letters from the established educational institutes, medical tourists need reports from local and Indian hospitals, transit visa applicants need further travel itinerary, so on and so forth.
However, it is essential that you understand that submission of accurate papers doesn’t guarantee approved Indian visa. That’s where the eligibility criteria come into the equation. For example: the bank statement should establish that you can handle all expenses.
About the Author:
Sudarshan Ajith is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. He talks about the standard as well as the customised list of documents required for Indian visa . He also provides information about specific visa requirements for India , based on the country of origin, type of visa, age of person etc.
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience