ALL >> Computers >> View Article
The Next Frontier For Data Loss Prevention Is The Cloud
Total Articles: 54
“I no longer worry about employees emailing sensitive information. What keeps me up at night is the thought of data being uploaded to cloud apps,” says Jordan Michaelson, Director of Security at Henderson Electronics. As technology has changed in the last 5 years, corporate security teams have to keep up.
During the last decade, companies invested heavily in data loss prevention solutions to protect them from data leakage via email, USB drives, and printing. The fear at the time was a well-intentioned employee accidently emailing sensitive or regulated information like social security numbers or credit card numbers. Many regulations including HIPAA, HITECH, and GLBA place strict controls on the movement of data.
With the explosion of cloud services in the last few years, employees now have access to thousands of low-cost or free applications for everything from cloud storage, marketing applications, sales, and financial applications. The new threat is sensitive data being uploaded to the cloud and either being lost via a security breach at the cloud provider, or being transferred or sent outside the company.
What companies need is a new solution that extends their data loss prevention policies from on-premise applications like email to where employees work and collaborate today – in the cloud. “The same way we enforce our policies for regulated data on the network, we want those same controls whether data is in the cloud or wherever it goes,” says Michaelson.
When a potential issue arises, companies either elect to investigate, or some data loss prevention policies require the a policy violation to be prevented before it exposes the company to risk or compliance violations. For instance, a company may want to encrypt certain data such as social security numbers in the cloud, while stopping credit cards from being uploaded altogether.
Since many companies invested in on-premise DLP software from companies like Symantec, Websense, and McAfee, they also want to use the same policies and escalation workflows without splitting their DLP efforts between 2 different technology solutions. These vendors will hopefully invest in extending data loss prevention to cloud services, or partner with companies who can.
Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Security Services company, enables companies to embrace Cloud Security Services with appropriate levels of security, compliance, and governance while lowering overall risk and cost. With customers in financial services, healthcare, high technology, media, manufacturing, and legal verticals, the company was a finalist for the RSA Conference 2013 Most Innovative Company award and was recently named a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner, Inc. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is led by an experienced team and is venture-backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit us at http://www.skyhighnetworks.com/cloud-data-loss-prevention/ or follow us on Twitter@skyhighnetworks.
Computers Articles1. Mcafee Activate
Author: alex jhones
2. Why Moving Software Had Been So Popular Till Now?
Author: sawati rawat
3. Make Complex Information Eye-catching With Infographic Designer
4. How To View Yahoo Messenger Conversation History
Author: Yahoo Support Number
5. How To Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook?
Author: Yahoo Support Phone Number
6. How To Troubleshoot Printer Problems
Author: Hp Printer Support, Hp Printer Technical Support,
7. How Does Co2 Laser For Acrylic Work In Engraving Beautiful Designs
Author: Rob Hibbs
8. Scada System For Pc Touch Screen – Can Be The Most Productive Combination!
Author: Archer Finch
9. Free Scada – Scada Software That Connect With More Devices!
Author: Archer Finch
10. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
11. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
12. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
13. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
14. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
15. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address