ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Saas Security Final Piece Before Adoption Spreads
Total Articles: 54
According to industry research from IDG, the companies want to adopt new cloud technology but are waiting until SaaS Security is more developed. That’s the situation US auto parts supplier Artes Electric is in. Their CIO Eric Atkins said at a panel at RSA Conference, “We see a lot of value in SaaS applications but are taking a wait-and-see approach before uploading our sensitive data.”
Experts agree, there is still some ways to go before SaaS applications meet the security and compliance requirements of corporate customers. The context of the information being uploaded is also important. According to Justin Somaini of Box, “a [movie] script is just a file for all intents and purposes. But movies are there to get an emotional reaction.”
That makes the actual footage of the movie much more valuable. Leaking a blockbuster movie online before it debuts in theaters can impact the bottom line of content owners. In the case of the largest movies, these breaches can dampen theater ticket sales by tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars over the initial release of the movie in theaters.
That makes uploading such data to the cloud look risky for production companies.
Still, there are significant benefits to leveraging on demand services despite SaaS Security. Being able to collaborate on a film in real time anywhere in the world is much easier with the new generation of collaboration tools than just using email and other traditional applications.
What’s needed before more widespread adoption of SaaS in enterprises is greater visibility into what apps employees are using and their risk.
From there, security teams can determine which ones pose a risk and which ones are safe enough to host sensitive information. “It’s all about the context of the information and the security controls of the SaaS application.”
Skyhigh Networks, the Cloud Security Services company, enables companies to embrace Cloud Security Services with appropriate levels of security, compliance, and governance while lowering overall risk and cost. With customers in financial services, healthcare, high technology, media, manufacturing, and legal verticals, the company was a finalist for the RSA Conference 2013 Most Innovative Company award and was recently named a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner, Inc. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is led by an experienced team and is venture-backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit us at http://www.skyhighnetworks.com/saas-security/ or follow us on Twitter@skyhighnetworks.
Computers Articles1. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
2. The Most Usable And Advisable Courier Tracking Software Version 6.0
Author: sawati rawat
3. Locking Services Would Be Fruitful If You Forget To Lock The Doors Frequently
Author: Tyler Bond
4. Solutions Erp Based Software Can Offer
Author: Robert Miller
5. Get The Unlimited Benefits Of Our Church Giving Mobile Application
Author: Michael Brody
6. Cyber Security Measures Can Prove Beneficial For Your Business
Author: Megan Darcy
7. Matrimonial Script In Php - Bharat Matrimony Clone, Readymade Matrimonial Script
Author: riddhi patel
8. How To Recover Accidentally Deleted Data From The Computer In No Time?
Author: shashikant shukla
9. Sitecore Development In Uk – Cms, Software, Mobile Application, Seo
Author: Sher Singh
10. Laptop Repair Centre In Bristol With 12 Months Warranty
Author: Laptop Repairs
11. The Secret Behind Your Online Shopping Is Disclosed
Author: Saarah Williams
12. Avoid Spams With Recaptcha Module
Author: Saarah Williams
13. Iphone 8
Author: toy green
14. How The C_hanaimp_12 Exam Makes You A Better Professional
Author: Michael Jordan
15. 5 Aspects Of Performance Testing Services In E-commerce Industry.