ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Alaska Shore Excursions: Take A "whale" Of An Adventure In Juneau
Total Articles: 923
Have you ever seen a 50-foot whale blowing bubble rings? Did you know that humpback whales actually blow bubbles to catch fish? You'll see all this and more on whale-watching Alaska shore excursions!
During "bubble net feeding," one or several whales blow a ring of bubbles from their blowholes as they encircle a school of krill or fish. The whales then swim through the "net" with their mouths open, taking in large amounts of food. What a unique photo opportunity!
Humpback whales regularly breach (jump out of the water) and slap the water with their flippers and tail. You’ll be amazed at its gigantic tail slapping the water hard enough to spray water yards away! Scientists believe these activities are forms of communication because they create a great deal of noise, which can be heard at long distances under water.
The whales’ beautiful acrobatics will fulfill your expectations of the meaning of wonder. And these magnificent creatures sing also! When a whale is singing, it floats suspended in the water, head down and relatively motionless. Their singing so beautiful, you could compare it to new age flute music.
What makes whale-watching Alaska shore excursions extraordinary are that you are seeing the whales, sea lions, and other marine life in their own habitat! Plus, experienced tour guides love to share their in-depth understanding of nature. Surrounded by views of mountains and glaciers, you'll always want to keep your camera at the ready so you are getting the amazing photos you want!
While one can't normally "guarantee" wildlife sightings (Mother Nature can be unpredictable!), with Shore Excursions Group's whale-watching cruise excursions, a must-do Juneau, Alaska shore excursion, you are actually guaranteed a whale-viewing experience! Keep your eyes open, because, quite often, there will be numerous sightings! Enjoy!
Travel Articles1. Island Peak Climbing – A Great Test Of Your Stamina Before The Real Trekking Adventure
2. Annapurna Circuit Trek – A Brief Overview
3. Cycling Tours Tour De France - 4 Reasons To Consider Self-guided Tours
Author: David Luther
4. Why Choose Cybercity, Gurgaon As Your Next Conference Location?
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. How To Select The Best Trekking Company In Nepal To Explore Trekking Activities
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
6. Trek And Hike Packages Offered By A Good Trekking Company In Nepal
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
7. Group Dating On Valentine’s Day With Service From A Cheap Party Buses
Author: David WILSON
8. Amp Up Your Valentine’s Day Party From Dc To San Antonio Via Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
9. Reliving Memories And Good Times
Author: Toms John
10. Buy The Led Countdown Timers To Get Maximum Benefits
Author: Joolbin Duan
11. Mesmerizing And Illuminating Tour Of Peru
Author: Ricardo Davis
12. Seoul City Tour – Travel To Korea And Have Makgeolli!
Author: Tommy Na
13. Trekking And Hiking In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. Don’t Take That On Your Next Trip
15. Tips On Speeding Through Security Checkpoints