ALL >> Health >> View Article
Discover This Valuable Essential Oil
Total Articles: 6
Barbary Fig Fruit (scientific name is Opuntia Ficus Indica) are oval shaped fleshy berries and are extremely appealing because of their beautiful colors. The delicious pulp tastes like sweat watermelon and contains many small brown seeds. However, given this fruits multi-nutritional benefit, its seeds are precious beauty gems.
Barbary fig seed oil is derived by cold-pressing Barbary fig (opuntia ficus indica) fruits, however the oil make up only 5% of each seeds. The low yield per seed is the core reason the miraculous elixir is very expensive and valuable. It has been labeled on of the most pricey beauty oils by beauty enthusiast and in cosmetic industry, reason being that it takes approximately 1 ton of the oval shaped fruits to produce only a liter of its elixir and its whooping price tag is $1500 per liter. Mohamed Boujnah, a researcher from Morocco concludes that this miraculous potion is underpriced, having considered its rich vitamin e elements that make it a powerful antioxidant that heals and keeps the skin young and healthy.
Linoleic acid is the predominant essential fatty acid in Barbary fig seed oil. Linoleic acid makes up about 63.3% of the essential fatty acid in this beauty oil, which makes it a powerhouse with a laundry list of skin healing benefits. B.F.S.O. deeply moisturizes the skin, its natural thin texture makes it very easy to be absorbed by the skin leaving no oily residue, thus it keeps the epidermis layer of the skin optimally hydrated, it plumps out wrinkles and leaves the skin feeling firm and velvety.
Its Vitamin e (tocopherol) levels are outstanding. Roughly about 1000mg/kg, which is twice as Argan oil and 10% alpha tocopherol and 40% gamma tocopherols. Gamma tocopherols poses unique features that distinguish it from alpha tocopherols like its effectiveness as an antioxidant, which has been proven.
The wide rave of this elixir in the beauty industry has lead to many companies bottling counterfeit oils and labeling them as Barbary fig seed oil, thus lacking the properties of a genuine grade.
It may take a decade or two to list out the benefits of Barbary fig seed oil to the skin and its ultimately high price does not only reflects its true beauty values and the intensive labor involved in producing this oil, but also nature’s best gift are very rare and onerous to get.
John loves to write and travel around the world. Learn more about this valuable essential oil
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important