ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Adventure Holidays In India
Total Articles: 400
Adventure travel in India is growing at a rapid pace. There are several destinations in every state offer different adventure sports activities in summer or/and winter. So, you can enjoy the thrill and excitement of adventure sports right in India. Whether you have just a weekend or a two-week leisure holiday to plan and enjoy, domestic travel destinations would not disappoint you. The natural beauty of Indian mountains, valleys, plateaus, beaches and rivers create burst of breathtaking experiences for adventurers and thrill seekers.
Domestic travel destinations are not as well known as the international destinations as they have better awareness, infrastructure, training and support for the winter sports like ice skating, snowboarding and skiing. Yet, Himalayan charm of snow clad mountains is exhilarating for amateurs and professionals. Gulmarg and Ladakh are winter treks, skiing and snowboarding. The popularity of ice hockey and ice skating in Ladakh is rising with all the international attention coming its way.
White River Rafting is very popular in several states. Yet, the most popular destinations are Lidder River in Pahalgam, Ganges river in Rishikesh, Sind River in Ladakh, Brahmaputra River in Arunachal Pradesh and River Barapole in Karnataka. If you are into parasailing, paragliding, motorboat riding, snorkeling, canoeing and kayaking, then the most popular beaches are in Goa, Kerala and Maharashtra. But, the best scuba diving destination in India is Andaman Islands.
Though, there is zorbing, bungee jumping and mountain biking available India, most thrill seekers enjoy a trekking, rappelling, hiking and rock climbing. There are several group tour packages for trekking in Himalayas and Western Ghats. These mountains touch almost most all states in India, where trekking and rappelling is enjoyed as a great weekend activity. As a country blessed with forts, mountains and summits, India has several group tour packages for week long trekking excursions in Himalayas, camping in forests, wild life safaris in national parks and sand dune safaris in Rajasthan.
Though, sky diving is relatively popular, the heart of adventure in India is enjoying the natural beauty in spite of obvious lack of adventure infrastructure. Ice rinks in Shimla and Dehradun are not enough for all the true passion we have for ice skating. The homestays in North East Indian villages are not enough for true travellers seeking the simplicity and harmony of village life. But, the youth and adventure travel industry is getting better with each passing day. So, let’s make it happen.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling to domestic destinations & pursue his passion. He recently travelled on a group tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar