ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Adventure Holidays In India
Total Articles: 400
Adventure travel in India is growing at a rapid pace. There are several destinations in every state offer different adventure sports activities in summer or/and winter. So, you can enjoy the thrill and excitement of adventure sports right in India. Whether you have just a weekend or a two-week leisure holiday to plan and enjoy, domestic travel destinations would not disappoint you. The natural beauty of Indian mountains, valleys, plateaus, beaches and rivers create burst of breathtaking experiences for adventurers and thrill seekers.
Domestic travel destinations are not as well known as the international destinations as they have better awareness, infrastructure, training and support for the winter sports like ice skating, snowboarding and skiing. Yet, Himalayan charm of snow clad mountains is exhilarating for amateurs and professionals. Gulmarg and Ladakh are winter treks, skiing and snowboarding. The popularity of ice hockey and ice skating in Ladakh is rising with all the international attention coming its way.
White River Rafting is very popular in several states. Yet, the most popular destinations are Lidder River in Pahalgam, Ganges river in Rishikesh, Sind River in Ladakh, Brahmaputra River in Arunachal Pradesh and River Barapole in Karnataka. If you are into parasailing, paragliding, motorboat riding, snorkeling, canoeing and kayaking, then the most popular beaches are in Goa, Kerala and Maharashtra. But, the best scuba diving destination in India is Andaman Islands.
Though, there is zorbing, bungee jumping and mountain biking available India, most thrill seekers enjoy a trekking, rappelling, hiking and rock climbing. There are several group tour packages for trekking in Himalayas and Western Ghats. These mountains touch almost most all states in India, where trekking and rappelling is enjoyed as a great weekend activity. As a country blessed with forts, mountains and summits, India has several group tour packages for week long trekking excursions in Himalayas, camping in forests, wild life safaris in national parks and sand dune safaris in Rajasthan.
Though, sky diving is relatively popular, the heart of adventure in India is enjoying the natural beauty in spite of obvious lack of adventure infrastructure. Ice rinks in Shimla and Dehradun are not enough for all the true passion we have for ice skating. The homestays in North East Indian villages are not enough for true travellers seeking the simplicity and harmony of village life. But, the youth and adventure travel industry is getting better with each passing day. So, let’s make it happen.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling to domestic destinations & pursue his passion. He recently travelled on a group tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah