ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Luxury Rhine River Cruise: A Romantic Glimpse Of The Roman Empire
Total Articles: 185
For the river cruise enthusiasts, the thought of cruising through the serene blue waters of the legendary Rhine Rivergives great pleasure. Walking around the green plains, exploring the breath-taking landscapes and viewing the splendid mountain slopes are all great experiences while sailing on a Rhine river cruise. One of the most important and longest rivers of Europe, the Rhineoriginates from the Swiss Alps and empties in to the North Sea coast of the Netherlands and flows through six countries with a stretch of 766 miles.
The Rhine River Snap Shot
The rich ancient culture and history of Europe that the Rhine River takes you through is spell binding. The Rhine and the Danube are the silent testimonies of the Great Roman Empire. On a Rhine river cruise you can get a splendid view of the steeples, towers, churches, cathedrals, and castles on every street corner. Amazing buildings, both ancient and new, can be seen while you are cruising through the river. The tour takes you through the beautiful city of Zurich. It also passes through some other beautiful cities like Basel, Cologne, Dusseldorf, and covers some incredible places like the Black Forest of Germany &the French city of Strasbourg .The Rhine River is extremely important from a business aspect as it is a major route to transport raw materials and goods.
One of the most significant parts of the Rhine River is the Rhine gorge that falls between the German city of Bonn and Bingen. The gorge is quite deep and is classed as a world heritage site and is also called the ‘romantic Rhine’. There are many castles, historic fortifications and vineyards surrounding the gorge.
A river cruise through Rhine will allow you to view scenic beauty and to visit the rich history of Europe.
July and August are the time when normally people travel, although it can be a little hot. May and September are desirable.During the month of December; however, they have special cruises for the Christmas markets. The Rhine river cruise is usually a 14 - night cruise which starts from Basel and terminates at Amsterdam. Besides the 14-night cruise, many tour operators also offer some short duration cruise plans, spanning 4 to 5 days. The highlights of the cruise are:
• Historic towns and vineyards on the Rhine banks that can be explored in summer
• Enjoy the fabulous fireworks in the Rhine valley to celebrate the annual wine harvest
• During Christmas you can try some local delicious delicacies as well as enjoy the Christmas markets
• Be enthralled by historic castles at every turn of the river
• Stunning views, beautiful landscapes and a fabulous ambience in the wine and beer taverns
Some of the important tour operators who offer river cruise through the Rhine-Danube stretch include APT River Cruises, AMA Waterway, Viking River cruise, Avalon Waterways and Uniworld.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler