ALL >> Health >> View Article
6 Tips To Help You De-stress Yourself!
Total Articles: 233
At some point of time it may seem that you can do nothing about stress. Your bills just won’t stop coming, your family and career responsibilities will always be demanding and there will never be more than 24 hours in a day. But you have more control over your life than you actually think. This is the foundation of stress management. Stress management is all about taking charge of your schedule, your emotions, your thoughts, and the way you deal with problems.
Statistics claim that one-third of doctor visits are regarding problems related to stress, sleep issues or depression! On an average the society spends 80 billion dollars a year on stress and depression medications, energy drinks and other stimulants. Here are some tips for distressing yourself:
1) Exercise: Regular exercise or bicycling, brisk walking, jogging, hiking or working out at the gym helps your body deal with stress by increasing your tolerance. Your body can fight stress better when it is fit. Exercising also helps maintain the continuous flow of energy through your body by getting rid of unwanted substances.
2) Eat healthy: A proper healthy and balanced diet always goes hand in hand with exercise. Vegetables and fresh fruits should be a part of your daily meals in addition to other nutritious and low calorie foods.
3) Get enough sleep: When you sleep, your body repairs the damages incurred by stress throughout the day. Everyday 8 hours of continuous sleep is required for most people. To get a good sleep you should avoid too much of drinking coffee. Instead you must carry out some relaxing activities like reading a book or listening to soothing music.
4) Take out time for relaxation and have fun: Time to time take holidays and plan some short trips. Do whatever you enjoy doing like going for a leisurely walk in the park or a warm aromatherapy or playing with your kids. If you just spend an hour each day doing these things, you will experience the magic.
5) Meditate: This is a simple ancient practice that provides stress relief for many people. If you just spend about 15 minutes a day in a quiet room, closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing, it will calm your mind and you will feel refreshed and more relaxed afterwards.
6) Having a positive attitude about life: Accept that there are some events that are out of your control. Keep a positive attitude and keep saying this to yourself "I'm doing my best,'' or ''I'll ask for help''; rather than defaulting to negatives like ''Nothing goes right for me,'' or ''Why do bad things always happen to me?''. Believe that life is fantastic and you're here to enjoy it to the fullest. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Stop trying to be perfect, worrying about little things, or trying to please everyone all the time. If you have a positive outlook towards life, you radiate positive energy.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe