ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The “royal” Rajasthan For Foodies
Total Articles: 400
Drenched with blood of brave Jats, Pathans, Rathores and Gahlot Rajputs, you can sense this imperial virtue in all most everything they do. The respect in their language, ghee in their food and elegance in their culture thunders with royal quality. But, above all else, when you travel to Rajasthan their food stands apart. It is an experience a la carte for international travellers and groups on domestic holiday packages to Rajasthan.
When you travel to Rajasthan, you get chance to taste authentic Rajasthani cuisine at its best. Yet, you may not have to miss the international delicacies if you are so inclined. There are several restaurants serving their version of international cuisines. Fresh, delicious and gratifying experiences are available for tourists. You can try your hand on American, Asian, Chinese, Continental, Indian, Italian and European cuisine. A random little Middle Eastern, German, seafood special or Japanese restaurant would be available round the corner to surprise the hell out of you. But, a foodie on Rajasthan holiday would chase the authentic local cuisine with unrelenting passion.
Vibrantly coloured veggies, aromatic and spicy curries and ghee-soaked sweets contribute to Rajasthani Thali experience. The fact is, each dish more delicious than other, the most common experience is that it is too delicious to stop eating and too heavy to ever leave eating just right. You would always over-eat “Rajasthani Thali“. Yet, you would enjoy eating and want more the next time. Here are the names that would name you revisit this state again and again.
• Dal Bati Churma – Iconic Rajasthani dish
• Gatte ki Sabji – Chickpea flour based gravy
• Ghevar – Rajasthani sweet for festivals
• Mirchi vada – Fried snack
• Mawa Kachori – Sweet snack with mawa stuffing
• Pyaz ki Kachori – Spicy oonion-based snack
• Ker Sangri – Exotic local-bean based spicy and tangy vegetable
• Jaisalmeri Chane –Jaisalmer special sour-spicy gravy with chickpeas
• Alu Mangodi – Dried gram dumpling with poptato gravy
The fact is, though each dish is delicious and it requires considerable skill and effort to cook, your lunch and dinner time meals are typically heavier than three-course meals. Yet, you couldn’t resist to eating more. From five star restaurants to street food stalls and from corner eatery with best pakodas to luxury train rides with authentic meals, Rajasthan food brings delights to your mouth but certainly doesn’t help you gain few kilograms. But, as a true foodie, would tell you that right food experience is totally worthwhile few extra pounds.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds best deals on domestic holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently travelled to Rajasthan with Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family