ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
What's Happening In The Northeast La Real Estate World Now?
Total Articles: 31
The Northeast LA real estate market is an ever-changing beast. Here are the main elements of what's driving our market today:
Increased Interest Rates
The big news in the real estate market is that rates have jumped up quickly. Most of the market volatility is stemming from speculation that the Fed will eventually be discontinuing its QE3 program. Rates have increased approximately 1% across the board on all products.
Although no one really likes higher interest rates, it is normal in a recovering real estate market to see rates rise. Also slightly higher rates will allow new lenders to enter the arena making for a more efficient market through increased competition. However, rates are still at historical lows compared to the 13.4% 30 years ago! The market is filled with opportunity and we cannot emphasize the importance of good strategic advice with access to innovative products to thoughtfully structure the right solution for clients.
The number of homes for sale in Northeast Los Angeles has definitely increased in the last few weeks including homes for sale in Eagle Rock. We are now averaging about 30 homes currently for sale in Eagle Rock. While significantly higher than the 12 we had earlier this year, we are still a far cry from the 75 homes for sale back in 2010. Highland Park real estate is warming up. In Highland Park we are averaging about 40 homes active on the market, compared to 159 back in 2009. We are still seeing multiple offers on our listings.
Instead of perhaps attracting 10-15 offers, we are receiving 5-6. This of course depends on pricing strategy and what else is available when we come on the market.
The under $500,000 market continues to move very quickly. We received 10 offers on our one bedroom listing at 1915 Chickasaw (listed for $389,000). A house on Avenue 54 in Highland Park received 60 offers (listed for $299,000) and sold for 33% over asking price.
Increased Average Sales Price
The average sold price in Eagle Rock in June 2013 was $590,000, which continues the upward trend we’ve been experiencing. That’s 7.5% higher than the average of $549,000 in June 2013, and 27.4% higher than the average of $463,000 in June 2009.
In Highland Park the average sales price has reached $439,000, which is 44.9% higher than the average in June 2009, and 17.7% higher than the average of $373,000 just last year.
What does this mean for you?
This is still the best time to sell your home that we’ve seen in the last 5 years. While we are not experiencing the dramatic price spike that we saw earlier this year, prices have gone up considerably year over year. With more inventory available, the ability to move up into a bigger home, or downsize, while selling your home is more achievable. Our sellers are getting strong prices for their homes. Our buyers are starting to see more opportunities in the market.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Share Market Tips For Investing With Profit Aim Research
Author: Profit Aim
2. When Your Business Cannot Wait For Cash? Just Look For Invoice Factoring Financing To Begin Soaring
Author: Stephen Perl
3. On May 29, 2012, The U.s. Department Of Labor Issued Advisory Opinion 2012-04a.
Author: Terrance Power
4. Download Forex Robots To Make Consistent Profits In The Market
5. Get Assisted To Learn What It Takes To Qualify For No Credit Check Car Loan
Author: Mary Coleman
6. How Loans Allow Bad Credit Borrowers To Overcome Financial Uncertainties?
Author: Sara James
7. Insurance Within Super
8. Accomplish Your Social Security Retirement Benefits With Best Retirement Strategy Planner
9. The Most Important Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Tax Preparation Or Financial Planning S
Author: Accounting Services
10. Classification Of Forex Bonuses
Author: John Arnold
11. What Are The Different Types Of Emi Calculator Available In The Financial Market?
Author: Neha Sharma
12. Profitable Promotions For Traders
Author: John Arnold
13. Useful Tips To Make Money By Trading For Future
Author: Henry James
14. Private Equity Research – A Basic Need For Investors
15. No Deposit Home Loan – Go For The Low Deposit Option!
Author: Mc Cutcheon