ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
The Home Buyers' Real Estate Market Update For Northeast Los Angeles
Total Articles: 31
After almost vertical price increases beginning at the first of the year, summer has brought a small lull in the market. We are actually seeing a number of price reductions appearing all across our Los Angeles marketplace, including Northeast Los Angeles real estate (Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Echo Park) and the Westside (Santa Monica, West Los Angeles).
Why? As prices jumped up, more homeowners who had been waiting for the market to "recover" put their homes on the market and our inventory of homes for sale increased from breathtakingly low to just very low. This, coupled with an uptick in mortgage interest rates, caused buyers to step back and think. Properties that came on the market priced to take into account the expected price increase all of a sudden seemed a little overpriced. Only the very best properties are still going in crazy multiple offer bidding wars (best in this case can mean an incredibly well done or well located house, or incredible deal for a house.) Those homeowners who have less than the best are finding that they are not going to be swept along with the buyer stampede as they had hoped.
We are also seeing a couple of interesting trends in how escrows are going. There seems to be an uptick in the number of escrows falling out, and largely over some aspect of buyer remorse. I've heard from escrow officers that they are averaging 30% fallout in the escrows they have. Why? Buyers are hugely afraid of overpaying. At the same time, there is much less willingness on the part of the seller to put up with renegotiating the price over conditions that come up during the inspection period. There is also less and less tolerance for letting contingencies drag on past their due dates.
What to make of these trends? Buyers now have an opportunity to be a little more thoughtful about the home they purchase as long as they are willing to shop in the second tier of homes for sale (the best of the best still go for the most.) But once they go into escrow, buyers need to be more business-like in their behavior and keep up their end of the contract, or they might just be bounced out of escrow by a more business-like seller.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Becoming A Mortgage Net Branch Company
2. Email Scam On Non-profit And Volunteer Groups Recruitment
Author: lexie grey
3. Top Commodity Trading Signals For Comex Investors
Author: Jean Wong
4. Follow These 5 Precautions When You Send Money To India From The Usa
5. Buying Gold And Silver Bullion Coins: How To Do It Right
Author: Sara Watson
6. Intraday Nifty Future Tips & Nifty Tips Service
Author: Riyanshi Tanwar
7. How Dedicated Relationship Bank Can Serve You Well
Author: Jeff Usman
8. What Advantages You Can Obtain From Online Investment
Author: Jeff Usman
9. Get Recognition Even In The Crowd
Author: ponting brown
10. What Does The Future Hold For Forex Trading?
Author: Amir Milan
11. Why You Need Best Forex Brokers
Author: Joyce Shen
12. Top Logical And Reasonable Forex Trading Tips
Author: Santosh Sharma
13. Experts Of Financial Advisory Services Pen Down 10 Profitable Stock Picks For 2017
Author: Multi Management & Future Solutions
14. Are Loans Truly Responsive For People With Poor Credit?
Author: John Thomson
15. Axis Bank Waives 12 Emis On Home Loan For Up To 30 Lakhs