ALL >> Health >> View Article
Natural Tips For Treating Insomnia
Total Articles: 233
If you want to know how to treat insomnia without drugs or medications, then you've come to the right place. In this article, you'll get to know about a couple of highly effective natural remedies that you can use to cure insomnia and get to sleep faster and longer.Treatment for insomnia usually involves nonmedical therapies like developing better sleep habits or psychotherapy to identify a hidden cause. If diabetes or menopause like medical condition is causing insomnia, then you must consider treating those conditions. These are some techniques that can induce sleep.
1. Do not take naps: Taking a nap will upset your natural sleeping rhythm. At that time it may seem like an awesome idea to have a quick nap, but that will only hinder your efforts of a normal, uninterrupted sleep. Through that sleepy period, force yourself to continue on until it is time for your nightly rest.
2. Breathe in natural scents: Aromatherapy is one of the best ways to get into a state of relaxation and gives a more peaceful sleep. Natural scents such as oils of rose, chamomile, jasmine and lavender have immensely large calming effects which can be fully harnessed by insomnia sufferers.
3. Sleep in a comfortable environment: You can never get a peaceful sleep on a wooden board or in a hot room without fresh air. The more comfortable you are, the better you'll sleep.
4. Listen to Specially Composed Music: Any type of soft music can help, but it would be advisable to listen to especially composed sleep soundtracks. These soundtracks make use of gentle pulses and rhythmic drumming that penetrates deep into your subconscious and lulls you to sleep. These sounds will force you to sleep within a matter of minutes without you even realizing it.
5. Avoid stressful situations and stimulating activity before bedtime: It includes vigorous exercises; heavy discussions and arguments; and using computer, TV or video games. Instead, you must focus on quiet and soothing activities like knitting, reading or listening to soft music, while keeping the lights low.
6. Limit consumption of caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine: Stop drinking coffee at least eight hours before bed. While alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep. Cigarettes contain a stimulant called nicotine which again interferes with the quality of your sleep so you shouldn’t smoke at night.
If your insomnia is a side effect of a certain medication then changing the medication or reducing the dose of it may help. Always consult your health care provider before making changes to any prescriptions you are taking.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men