ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Marathon Posting: Running The Extra Mile
Total Articles: 160
Know Where You Drop in The Running Category
When you set foot on a running course, you should have an inkling of what kind of course you are participating. Recovery runs are relatively made for novices. Half marathons are suited for advanced runners, while full marathon is best run by pros and athletes.
It's true that knowing your running course will tell you how to train for a marathon. But also, knowing thyself is a key component in sensing what type of training you should go through. Here are some individuals that you can encounter during the race period.
The Weight-Conscious Runner
Jeff has been an avid runner for years. He was originally attracted to running because he was worried of his bulking up stature. Much worse, at his short height of 5 feet and 3 inches, he appears more like an obese kid than an undersized adult.
Though he's still carrying some weight, his nonstop participation in running has slowly reduced his burden. He also added that he loves the shirt that comes with participating.
Jeff is a weight-conscious runner.
The Middle Men
Patrick, like Jeff has also been joining marathons, and has two significant races under his belt. But unlike Jeff, Patrick has a decent body weight proportional to his tall height.
Patrick is part of the marathon runners who complete the circuit in 4 to 5 hours. He comes to the races in mix-and-match outfit and or at times wears no shirt at all. Being a middle man has a lots of perks - including getting the workout without exactly taxing out your lungs.
The Classic Runner
Audrey loves running. She says she does this a lot and is a time for herself, away from the busy workplace and family responsibilities. Being a mother of two isn't a hurdle in joining long races. She proudly recalls that she was able to run and lose some pounds even during her critical childbearing stage.
These are the typical people you can face in a marathon race. But don't generalize them categorically - there's still more to a person than just labels. Keep in mind, that joining this sport is a big pleasure whatever your motivations are. The two-time Olympian and physician Marius Bakken gives his unique program on how to train for marathon. Buy a copy and know how far you can go. Get it right here.
Sports Articles1. The Walsh Sprit In Live World Cup Cricket Match
2. Lille Vs Saint Etienne Football Betting Tips And Prediction France Ligue 1
3. A Complete Guide On How To Play Baseball For Beginners
Author: Charlie Lees
4. The Best Way For Ultimate Flying Experience With Paragliding
5. Learn More About The French Open
6. International Friendly Austria Vs Uruguay Soccer Betting Tips
7. Four Or Five, The Question Of Test Days In Icc Match Updates
8. Sri Lanka’s Prospect In World Cup Cricket Match Schedules
9. How To Understand The Soccer Strategies
10. How To Understand The Football Soccer Positions
11. Get To Know Your Game
12. 4 Main Ways To Learn More About Soccer
13. What Troubles England Icc World Cup Cricket Today For New Teams
14. Ccgrass Introduce New Yarn Innovations At Fsb Show
Author: Lesley Qu
15. Press Statement
Author: Lesley Qu