ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Tv Stars Ant And Dec The Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain For One Night Only
Total Articles: 1
Did you see Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on Saturday? They joined The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and Robbie Williams with a medley of songs. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgV6fwgCt4&feature=share&list=PLf19CbDvjJRYhkCI-g1-wVzN73YNECE27
Wondering who taught them? That would be Lorraine from Learn To Uke London. Want to learn to play yourself? Book yourself onto one of their Ukulele courses in London courses.
For now, why not check out these 5 strumming considerations
1. Should I cut my nails?
In a word, yes. On the chord making hand. If you have long nails on the chord making hand, it will keep your finger away from the strings. You need your fingertip to be able to press the strings down to make a chord, or it will sound â€˜dead' or â€˜muted'. Chords need three or more notes sounding, so three strings ringing clearly to make a chord. If some of your strings are dead your chord may sound unusual and not as you want it to. Later on, when you've been playing for a while, if you want to pick notes out (this is sometimes known as playing fingerstyle) then it may help to have long nails or acrylic nails on the finger picking hand.
2. How about being able to play with my thumb?
In practice, you can play with any digit you like. I prefer to play with my finger, as the nail hits on the on beat, with the flesh coming back up on the off beat. If you play with your thumb the reverse is true. That's good if you're looking to get a reggae or ska feel, or play gently for jazzy or gentle songs, but starting out it might be worth learning to play with your finger.
3. How about if I play with a plectrum?
If you want to be really loud, and play lead lines and single notes, then yes, do play with a plectrum. I prefer not to, I prefer finger picking both for strumming and for lead melody playing.
4. How about if I use a felt pick?
Yes, but I think it's better to learn to use your finger to strum, as there are many percussive strums and ukulele tricks you can employ later on which use a finger, some fingers, or finger and thumb combos.
5. Where do I strum?
It sounds nicest if you strum over the fretboard. The strings are closer to the fretboard than they are to the body, so you're less likely to catch your finger when you're strumming there, than if you were strumming lower down towards the soundhole. Also, you are less likely to damage the body of the ukulele as you won't bash it if your finger lands in mid air, whereas you'll end up with a hole if your nails bash the body. A musical and a practical reason to shift your finger along! - See more at: http://www.learntouke.co.uk/5-strumming-considerations
Entertainment Articles1. Benefits Of Online Chatting
Author: Meggie Mills
2. Know About The Best Applications Of Smart Mini Projector
Author: Eugene Olechnovic
3. Mature Dating In Uk Is Gaining Popularity
Author: Touy Boy
4. Invitation Cards Design For Wedding & Birthday In Hyderabad.
5. Five Tips On Building A Corporate Promotional Video
6. Why It Is A Prefect Time To Get Attached With The Canadian Film Industry
Author: Liam Grant
7. Get Introduced To The Benefits Of Learning At The Top Salsa Wohlen Institute
Author: Salsa People
8. Planning An Amazing Bachelorette Party
Author: Ashley Jennifer
9. 10 Things You Need To Know About Led Tv
Author: Divya Sharma
10. Ultra Defender Replacement Filter Cartridge (bb20)
Author: Ultra Defender Replacement Filter Cartridge (BB20)
11. Chokhi Dhani Rajasthani Wedding Resort In Pune
Author: Shehraz Khan
12. Best Europe Holidays Tour Plan's
13. How To Keep Busy When You’re Single
Author: Edmund Brunetti
14. How To Make Slime Step By Step - Different Methods Of Slime Making Videos
Author: Jainit Shah
15. Getting About With The Silliest Bachelorette Party Ever!
Author: Ashley Jennifer