ALL >> Business >> View Article
When Would You Need A Solicitor To Make An Employment Tribunal Claim For You?
Total Articles: 2
Problem at work place do exist and are pretty common. However, most of the time the magnitude of the problem will not be such that it needs you to approach an employment tribunal to make claim. But in case when it becomes absolute necessary to approach Employment Tribunal, we have brought this article for you to assist you in making your claim.
Employment laws are complicated and only very few people have the knowledge of their full rights they have at work. If your employer has treated you unfairly, get legal advice as soon as you face the situation. In some of the circumstances it is advisable you directly speak to your employer before you take your complain to the employment tribunal. But remember you have a deadline by which you can make your claim at employment tribunal.
Well for times when it becomes absolute for you to approach Employment Tribunal you should consult solicitor and:
- Explain your problem
- Ask if you actually have a legal case worth enough to take to Employment Tribunal
- Find what should be done next
Finding a solicitor
However before all of this you will have to find a solicitor who can take your case to Tribunal on your behalf and also advise you on your case.
Look out for solicitor in close vicinity to your place. If you are a member of the trade union, you can get legal advice from the union office or a solicitor appointed by the union.
Once you have a solicitor to help you in your case, explain him/her the entire situation over phone and ask for a date for the face-to-face meeting. Before meeting your solicitor ask about all the documents you will need to bring along with you. Also inform the solicitor if you are bringing some one along with you.
Initial preparation before meet your solicitor
When you meet you solicitor you will be asked certain question that will form basis for taking your case further. So be ready to come prepared with answers to such questions. Some of the questions you might be asked are:
- How long you have been working for the organization
- What’s your salary
- What exactly was the problem/situation at work that forced you o take such extreme step of approaching Employment Tribunal
- List of events that led you into current situation
- Do you have any document to support your arguments/facts
- If there are any documents that you do not have but might be relevant o the case
- What steps you have taken to sort out the issue from your end
There is time limit by which you can take your case to the Employment Tribunal. This time depends from case to case. For example if it is case where you think you were unfairly dismissed then the time frame by which you should approach Employment Tribunal is three months.
In your claim you would need to provide below information
- Your name and address
- The name and the address of the person or organization against whom you are making the claim
- The details of the claim
Looking for Employment Lawyers in London ? Do visit Cubismlaw.com, Leading Solicitors in UK.
Business Articles1. Corporate Events Company & Brand Building Of The Middle East
Author: Kari Events
2. Meeting Multistate Payroll Compliance Requirements Is Critical For Payroll Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
3. Sap Sd Interview Questions And Answers
4. Sap Fico Online Training
5. Sustainable Home Design
Author: Monnaie Architects
6. Why Power Banks Are Becoming The Most Important Phone Accessory
Author: Lloyd Simpson
7. Top 4 Appliances You Can Have Repaired By An Hvac Company
Author: Grand Home Services LLC
8. Corporate Entertainment Usa
9. Necessity Of Lethbridge Home Inspection For New Homes
Author: Mark Henry
10. Who To Trust For Availing Easy Loan Singapore
11. Equity Trading Strategies In Indian Capital Market.
Author: Sanjay Singh
12. Impact Of Fdi & Fii On Indian Stock Market
Author: Sanjay Singh
13. Pros And Cons Of Advertising In An Application
14. Samsung Ac Service Center Hyderabad
Author: srinika rao
15. Lg Refrigerator Service Center Hyderabad
Author: srinika rao