ALL >> Business >> View Article
When Would You Need A Solicitor To Make An Employment Tribunal Claim For You?
Total Articles: 2
Problem at work place do exist and are pretty common. However, most of the time the magnitude of the problem will not be such that it needs you to approach an employment tribunal to make claim. But in case when it becomes absolute necessary to approach Employment Tribunal, we have brought this article for you to assist you in making your claim.
Employment laws are complicated and only very few people have the knowledge of their full rights they have at work. If your employer has treated you unfairly, get legal advice as soon as you face the situation. In some of the circumstances it is advisable you directly speak to your employer before you take your complain to the employment tribunal. But remember you have a deadline by which you can make your claim at employment tribunal.
Well for times when it becomes absolute for you to approach Employment Tribunal you should consult solicitor and:
- Explain your problem
- Ask if you actually have a legal case worth enough to take to Employment Tribunal
- Find what should be done next
Finding a solicitor
However before all of this you will have to find a solicitor who can take your case to Tribunal on your behalf and also advise you on your case.
Look out for solicitor in close vicinity to your place. If you are a member of the trade union, you can get legal advice from the union office or a solicitor appointed by the union.
Once you have a solicitor to help you in your case, explain him/her the entire situation over phone and ask for a date for the face-to-face meeting. Before meeting your solicitor ask about all the documents you will need to bring along with you. Also inform the solicitor if you are bringing some one along with you.
Initial preparation before meet your solicitor
When you meet you solicitor you will be asked certain question that will form basis for taking your case further. So be ready to come prepared with answers to such questions. Some of the questions you might be asked are:
- How long you have been working for the organization
- What’s your salary
- What exactly was the problem/situation at work that forced you o take such extreme step of approaching Employment Tribunal
- List of events that led you into current situation
- Do you have any document to support your arguments/facts
- If there are any documents that you do not have but might be relevant o the case
- What steps you have taken to sort out the issue from your end
There is time limit by which you can take your case to the Employment Tribunal. This time depends from case to case. For example if it is case where you think you were unfairly dismissed then the time frame by which you should approach Employment Tribunal is three months.
In your claim you would need to provide below information
- Your name and address
- The name and the address of the person or organization against whom you are making the claim
- The details of the claim
Looking for Employment Lawyers in London ? Do visit Cubismlaw.com, Leading Solicitors in UK.
Business Articles1. How Ultratax In Cloud Offers Smart Taxation Solutions To Businesses?
Author: John Cox
2. Importance Of Electrical Surge Protection
3. Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Part - Iii
Author: Unknown Member
4. Texas Property Tax Deadline Changes In 2018
Author: O'Connor & Associates
5. Take Your Business To New Heights
6. Physiotherapy Services In Mississauga
7. Bariatric Coordinator
Author: Gastric bypass California
8. Get The Best Digital Marketing Solutions
Author: makemy website
9. 4 Of The Most Familiar Roofing Services In Nyc You May Need From Time To Time
Author: Gabriel M
10. Avail Reliable Customs Broker Us Border To Ensure Smooth And Efficient Transit Of Import Goods
11. The Indian Wedding – A Day Of Joy And Celebration Like No Other
Author: Shabu Miah
12. Business Card Design Services In Hyderabad – Saga Bizsolutions
13. Online Course In E-commerce And Selling Online
Author: nicole ve
14. Financial Strategies In Restaurant Business Plan
15. Branded Watches For Men