ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Where Should You Go For Leisure Travel In India?
Total Articles: 400
You can relax at any travel destination. But, with a sheer bombardment of places to see, most tourists are driven by the fear of missing out. But, Pondicherry is an exception. Somehow, it still has that laid-back quality that makes it a great destination for leisure travel within India. In spite of being part of several Tamil Nadu trips, a Pondicherry tour package is a clear breather – where you can let your hair down and chill.
Here is its secret. Apart from few beaches, there is nothing much to see, but there is quite a lot to experience. Take a leisurely stroll on the beaches. Pondicherry beach and Paradise beach are serene and impressive. With the light blue waves rushing for white sand beach, these beaches are perfect to sun bathe and relax. These beaches are secluded and enchanting. There are some water sports and equipment available. But, it isn’t a beach town which is all about the water sports. So, even if you sit back, you would enjoy it just as much.
As union territory, it is bit detached from the rest of the Tamil Nadu. It still has the Indo-French influences that set its architecture and cuisine apart from the rest of the state. To see the local architecture, you don’t need to travel great distance. Just enjoy a casual stroll and you will catch up the gothic church, French houses and streets. Pass by Calve College or Lycée Français then you won’t wonder about the dual culture of this city.
Same is evident in the local food. There are some Indian dishes while others carry continental flavours. Italian baked beans and stuffed cabbage is just as mouth-watering as coconut curry, soya dosa and Podanlangkai. Pondicherry was historically a French settlement. Those influences never got totally washed away. They got fused with local culture. It is unique food experience tourists when they travel in India.
So, you can head out for a Tamil Nadu trip and relax in Pondicherry or you can enjoy a quick Pondicherry tour package for the weekend too. You can enjoy other attractions like French War Memorial, Auroville, Arikamedu, Pondicherry Museum and Botanical Garden. These travel attractions are wonderful. Yet, the secret is that it doesn’t matter whether you see these local places or not. The core of Pondicherry experience is leisure and always will be. So make it count for your next trip.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling in India & pursue his passion. He recently visited Pondicherry on tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus