ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Where Should You Go For Leisure Travel In India?
Total Articles: 400
You can relax at any travel destination. But, with a sheer bombardment of places to see, most tourists are driven by the fear of missing out. But, Pondicherry is an exception. Somehow, it still has that laid-back quality that makes it a great destination for leisure travel within India. In spite of being part of several Tamil Nadu trips, a Pondicherry tour package is a clear breather – where you can let your hair down and chill.
Here is its secret. Apart from few beaches, there is nothing much to see, but there is quite a lot to experience. Take a leisurely stroll on the beaches. Pondicherry beach and Paradise beach are serene and impressive. With the light blue waves rushing for white sand beach, these beaches are perfect to sun bathe and relax. These beaches are secluded and enchanting. There are some water sports and equipment available. But, it isn’t a beach town which is all about the water sports. So, even if you sit back, you would enjoy it just as much.
As union territory, it is bit detached from the rest of the Tamil Nadu. It still has the Indo-French influences that set its architecture and cuisine apart from the rest of the state. To see the local architecture, you don’t need to travel great distance. Just enjoy a casual stroll and you will catch up the gothic church, French houses and streets. Pass by Calve College or Lycée Français then you won’t wonder about the dual culture of this city.
Same is evident in the local food. There are some Indian dishes while others carry continental flavours. Italian baked beans and stuffed cabbage is just as mouth-watering as coconut curry, soya dosa and Podanlangkai. Pondicherry was historically a French settlement. Those influences never got totally washed away. They got fused with local culture. It is unique food experience tourists when they travel in India.
So, you can head out for a Tamil Nadu trip and relax in Pondicherry or you can enjoy a quick Pondicherry tour package for the weekend too. You can enjoy other attractions like French War Memorial, Auroville, Arikamedu, Pondicherry Museum and Botanical Garden. These travel attractions are wonderful. Yet, the secret is that it doesn’t matter whether you see these local places or not. The core of Pondicherry experience is leisure and always will be. So make it count for your next trip.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling in India & pursue his passion. He recently visited Pondicherry on tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe