ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Where Should You Go For Leisure Travel In India?
Total Articles: 400
You can relax at any travel destination. But, with a sheer bombardment of places to see, most tourists are driven by the fear of missing out. But, Pondicherry is an exception. Somehow, it still has that laid-back quality that makes it a great destination for leisure travel within India. In spite of being part of several Tamil Nadu trips, a Pondicherry tour package is a clear breather – where you can let your hair down and chill.
Here is its secret. Apart from few beaches, there is nothing much to see, but there is quite a lot to experience. Take a leisurely stroll on the beaches. Pondicherry beach and Paradise beach are serene and impressive. With the light blue waves rushing for white sand beach, these beaches are perfect to sun bathe and relax. These beaches are secluded and enchanting. There are some water sports and equipment available. But, it isn’t a beach town which is all about the water sports. So, even if you sit back, you would enjoy it just as much.
As union territory, it is bit detached from the rest of the Tamil Nadu. It still has the Indo-French influences that set its architecture and cuisine apart from the rest of the state. To see the local architecture, you don’t need to travel great distance. Just enjoy a casual stroll and you will catch up the gothic church, French houses and streets. Pass by Calve College or Lycée Français then you won’t wonder about the dual culture of this city.
Same is evident in the local food. There are some Indian dishes while others carry continental flavours. Italian baked beans and stuffed cabbage is just as mouth-watering as coconut curry, soya dosa and Podanlangkai. Pondicherry was historically a French settlement. Those influences never got totally washed away. They got fused with local culture. It is unique food experience tourists when they travel in India.
So, you can head out for a Tamil Nadu trip and relax in Pondicherry or you can enjoy a quick Pondicherry tour package for the weekend too. You can enjoy other attractions like French War Memorial, Auroville, Arikamedu, Pondicherry Museum and Botanical Garden. These travel attractions are wonderful. Yet, the secret is that it doesn’t matter whether you see these local places or not. The core of Pondicherry experience is leisure and always will be. So make it count for your next trip.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling in India & pursue his passion. He recently visited Pondicherry on tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure