ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Must Visit Temples In Bali
Total Articles: 400
As a part of Muslim majority nation, the numbers of temples in Bali go out of their way to make quite a statement. Yet, when you holiday in Bali, these temples can make for phenomenal places to see. So, here are three temples that will change the way you think about faith and beauty.
This Balinese Hindu temple is not easy to visit. You have to climb quite a lot of lush green hills to get a chance to enter this majestic temple. Seating a top the cliff, this is a very awe-inspiring temple. As far as external view goes, the northern and southern view is sheer worth the entire climb. But, is it worth the fight with monkeys? This region over-populated with monkeys almost ensures an encounter or two for every traveller. Bali tours always include surprises like that. The question is, are you ready for it? Keep in mind that it is one of the most important temples in Bali region. So, all the best!
Tanah Lot Temple
Off the Indonesian island of Bali, lies a rock formation, which is the foundation for this pilgrimage temple. This is an ancient temple and it has been part of the Balinese mythology for centuries. This is one of the seven sea temples that have graced this island. This temple within sea, as it would be called in Balinese, is surrounded by coral reef and enriching marine life. At the centre of this temple, sits Lord Shiva – the Hindu deity of destruction. Dhang Yang Nirartha chose to build it here as he felt the spiritual and peaceful vibe on that rock formation. Tanah Lot is well developed as holiday destination for Bali tourists.
This is 11th century temple complex in northeast of Ubud region. Carved into cliff, 10 rock-cut shrines stand 23 ft high and carry the inscription of ancient Bali kings. Temple complex and Buddhist temple complex from ancient era was built by the side of Pekerisan River. Though these temples seem broken and glamour-less over centuries, the core of this temple complex lies in the architecture and elegance that survived to reflect their wisdom and aesthetics.
There are several temples across the island of Bali. Fact is, when you holiday in Bali, you can do so much more than see the temples. You can see scour through beaches, volcanoes and rice crops. You can enjoy modern sensation delights such as art galleries, museums, restaurants, spas and shopping avenues. So, eat, pray and love, people! It is the Bali way.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves spending his holiday in Bali & pursue his passion. He recently travelled to various beach destinations and his albums are replete with pictures of Bali tour.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family