ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Must Visit Temples In Bali
Total Articles: 400
As a part of Muslim majority nation, the numbers of temples in Bali go out of their way to make quite a statement. Yet, when you holiday in Bali, these temples can make for phenomenal places to see. So, here are three temples that will change the way you think about faith and beauty.
This Balinese Hindu temple is not easy to visit. You have to climb quite a lot of lush green hills to get a chance to enter this majestic temple. Seating a top the cliff, this is a very awe-inspiring temple. As far as external view goes, the northern and southern view is sheer worth the entire climb. But, is it worth the fight with monkeys? This region over-populated with monkeys almost ensures an encounter or two for every traveller. Bali tours always include surprises like that. The question is, are you ready for it? Keep in mind that it is one of the most important temples in Bali region. So, all the best!
Tanah Lot Temple
Off the Indonesian island of Bali, lies a rock formation, which is the foundation for this pilgrimage temple. This is an ancient temple and it has been part of the Balinese mythology for centuries. This is one of the seven sea temples that have graced this island. This temple within sea, as it would be called in Balinese, is surrounded by coral reef and enriching marine life. At the centre of this temple, sits Lord Shiva – the Hindu deity of destruction. Dhang Yang Nirartha chose to build it here as he felt the spiritual and peaceful vibe on that rock formation. Tanah Lot is well developed as holiday destination for Bali tourists.
This is 11th century temple complex in northeast of Ubud region. Carved into cliff, 10 rock-cut shrines stand 23 ft high and carry the inscription of ancient Bali kings. Temple complex and Buddhist temple complex from ancient era was built by the side of Pekerisan River. Though these temples seem broken and glamour-less over centuries, the core of this temple complex lies in the architecture and elegance that survived to reflect their wisdom and aesthetics.
There are several temples across the island of Bali. Fact is, when you holiday in Bali, you can do so much more than see the temples. You can see scour through beaches, volcanoes and rice crops. You can enjoy modern sensation delights such as art galleries, museums, restaurants, spas and shopping avenues. So, eat, pray and love, people! It is the Bali way.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves spending his holiday in Bali & pursue his passion. He recently travelled to various beach destinations and his albums are replete with pictures of Bali tour.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David