ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Adventure Sports In Kashmir Valley
Total Articles: 400
Kashmir is a glorious land of beauty and thrill. This Himalayan beauty poses as an eternal challenge to men. In all the travels to India, there is nothing so heavenly beautiful and enthralling as Kashmir. The true beauty of this state is so much about the sky-touching mountain, snow capped peaks and breathtakingly stunning valleys that flaunt the scenic greenery, panoramic meadows and pristine rivers.
White river rafting
The mountainous regions of Pahalgam and Sonmarg have Lidder River and Sind River that pose as challenging and refreshing terrain for white river rafting. There are several stretches across these rivers that are exciting enough for first timers and fascinating enough for seasoned practitioners.
Here is one adventure sport that is available in all Indian states. Yet, if you want to trek in India, travel to Jammu and Kashmir for the widest array for trekking routes. Treks in Kashmir are known for their natural challenges as well as their sensational beauty. The most popular trekking destinations in Kashmir are Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam and Ladakh. Mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking and trekking are popular activities for several routes on these destinations. Though, winter trekking is far more challenging with snow and below 00 temperatures, the summer treks pose their own challenges as the snow hasn’t completely melted in these regions.
Skiing and snowboarding
Gulmarg is more than just a gorgeous hill station with golf club. It has a gondola ride that takes you to the top of the slopes, which are very popular for snowboarding and skiing. But the number of choices and infrastructure is not as established as western countries. The ski slopes in Gulmarg range from 200 m to 3 km, which offer great choices for first timers and advanced skiers alike.
Ice Hockey and Ice Skating
Ladakh is one hell of emerging destination for winter sports. Though, there are very few opportunities for skiing and heliskiing, you can rest assured Ice hockey and ice skating are thriving with number of international amateurs and professionals visiting Leh Ladakh. The local and international interests emerge to create the ambiance of mutual trust and friendship.
When you travel to Kashmir, you can go for a scenic or romantic journey with serene shikara rides in lakes and panoramic views of the Kashmir valley. But, even the most conservative Kashmir tour packages would include a gondola ride and skiing trip in Gulmarg or motor biking in Ladakh.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling in India & pursue his passion. He visited Kashmir on a tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family