ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Adventure Sports In Kashmir Valley
Total Articles: 400
Kashmir is a glorious land of beauty and thrill. This Himalayan beauty poses as an eternal challenge to men. In all the travels to India, there is nothing so heavenly beautiful and enthralling as Kashmir. The true beauty of this state is so much about the sky-touching mountain, snow capped peaks and breathtakingly stunning valleys that flaunt the scenic greenery, panoramic meadows and pristine rivers.
White river rafting
The mountainous regions of Pahalgam and Sonmarg have Lidder River and Sind River that pose as challenging and refreshing terrain for white river rafting. There are several stretches across these rivers that are exciting enough for first timers and fascinating enough for seasoned practitioners.
Here is one adventure sport that is available in all Indian states. Yet, if you want to trek in India, travel to Jammu and Kashmir for the widest array for trekking routes. Treks in Kashmir are known for their natural challenges as well as their sensational beauty. The most popular trekking destinations in Kashmir are Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam and Ladakh. Mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking and trekking are popular activities for several routes on these destinations. Though, winter trekking is far more challenging with snow and below 00 temperatures, the summer treks pose their own challenges as the snow hasn’t completely melted in these regions.
Skiing and snowboarding
Gulmarg is more than just a gorgeous hill station with golf club. It has a gondola ride that takes you to the top of the slopes, which are very popular for snowboarding and skiing. But the number of choices and infrastructure is not as established as western countries. The ski slopes in Gulmarg range from 200 m to 3 km, which offer great choices for first timers and advanced skiers alike.
Ice Hockey and Ice Skating
Ladakh is one hell of emerging destination for winter sports. Though, there are very few opportunities for skiing and heliskiing, you can rest assured Ice hockey and ice skating are thriving with number of international amateurs and professionals visiting Leh Ladakh. The local and international interests emerge to create the ambiance of mutual trust and friendship.
When you travel to Kashmir, you can go for a scenic or romantic journey with serene shikara rides in lakes and panoramic views of the Kashmir valley. But, even the most conservative Kashmir tour packages would include a gondola ride and skiing trip in Gulmarg or motor biking in Ladakh.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves travelling in India & pursue his passion. He visited Kashmir on a tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David