ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Exquisite Places To Visit On Leh Ladakh Holiday
Total Articles: 400
When you visit Leh – the historic capital of Ladakh, there are umpteen numbers of places to see. Your holiday package would include Buddhist pilgrimages, UNESCO world heritage site, ruins of historic kingdom and some of the most interesting adventure sports spots. So, it is up to you to choose the local attractions that you are passionate about. Jama Masjid, Shanti Stupa, Thiksey Monastery, Tsomoriri Lake, Leh Palace, Pangong Tso or Hemis Monastery; all these are just as charming. Their beauty and appeal is unquestionable. Yet, some of them are the must-see attractions while others are great stops in the Leh Ladakh tour itinerary.
This while domed Buddhist stupa is a holy Buddhist destination that built by Japanese and local Buddhists in 1914. This stupa was built to promote world peace and honour 2500 year-long historic legacy of Buddhism. So it features pictures of current Dalai Lama as graciously as it showcases relics that depict the life of Buddha. Regardless of their religious inclination, it is a must-visit point of interest in all kinds of holiday packages. Whether you are a couple on honeymoon, adventurer on the go or a Buddhist pilgrim, you would love your visit to this eternal attraction.
This former royal palace is just similar to Potala Palace in Lhasa (Tibet). King Sengge Namgyal built this palace in 17th century. This 9 storey palace was the residence of royal family till it was moved to Stok palace in mid-19th century. Today, it has the royal museum that exhibits a diverse collection of jewellery, ceremonial attires and 450 year old Chinese thangka paintings.
These restored walls of palace don’t reflect the past grandeur of this kingdom. But the prayer room, frescos and victory tower depict the legacy of the historic thriving kingdom. Yet, the view from this is palace is picturesque. The best place to see this exquisite view is the rooftop of the palace that is worth the visit.
This lake is locally known as Pangong Tso, which means long narrow enchanted lake. Living up to its name, this lake has the most scenic ambiance and stunning panoramic view. This endorheic lake is situated at the height of 14270 ft. But interestingly, the borders of this lake extend from India to Tibet. This saline water lake is identified as wetland of international importance. In spite of interesting flora and fauna, this lake’s acclaim to fame is its several sightings in Bollywood films.
Leh Ladakh tours have so much more to offer. From unique insights into local culture to increasingly popular winter sports, this diverse terrain would be such a wonderful travel destination for the travellers.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds best deals on holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently visited Ladakh and his albums are replete with pictures of this Leh Ladakh tours.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson