ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Exquisite Places To Visit On Leh Ladakh Holiday
Total Articles: 400
When you visit Leh – the historic capital of Ladakh, there are umpteen numbers of places to see. Your holiday package would include Buddhist pilgrimages, UNESCO world heritage site, ruins of historic kingdom and some of the most interesting adventure sports spots. So, it is up to you to choose the local attractions that you are passionate about. Jama Masjid, Shanti Stupa, Thiksey Monastery, Tsomoriri Lake, Leh Palace, Pangong Tso or Hemis Monastery; all these are just as charming. Their beauty and appeal is unquestionable. Yet, some of them are the must-see attractions while others are great stops in the Leh Ladakh tour itinerary.
This while domed Buddhist stupa is a holy Buddhist destination that built by Japanese and local Buddhists in 1914. This stupa was built to promote world peace and honour 2500 year-long historic legacy of Buddhism. So it features pictures of current Dalai Lama as graciously as it showcases relics that depict the life of Buddha. Regardless of their religious inclination, it is a must-visit point of interest in all kinds of holiday packages. Whether you are a couple on honeymoon, adventurer on the go or a Buddhist pilgrim, you would love your visit to this eternal attraction.
This former royal palace is just similar to Potala Palace in Lhasa (Tibet). King Sengge Namgyal built this palace in 17th century. This 9 storey palace was the residence of royal family till it was moved to Stok palace in mid-19th century. Today, it has the royal museum that exhibits a diverse collection of jewellery, ceremonial attires and 450 year old Chinese thangka paintings.
These restored walls of palace don’t reflect the past grandeur of this kingdom. But the prayer room, frescos and victory tower depict the legacy of the historic thriving kingdom. Yet, the view from this is palace is picturesque. The best place to see this exquisite view is the rooftop of the palace that is worth the visit.
This lake is locally known as Pangong Tso, which means long narrow enchanted lake. Living up to its name, this lake has the most scenic ambiance and stunning panoramic view. This endorheic lake is situated at the height of 14270 ft. But interestingly, the borders of this lake extend from India to Tibet. This saline water lake is identified as wetland of international importance. In spite of interesting flora and fauna, this lake’s acclaim to fame is its several sightings in Bollywood films.
Leh Ladakh tours have so much more to offer. From unique insights into local culture to increasingly popular winter sports, this diverse terrain would be such a wonderful travel destination for the travellers.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds best deals on holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently visited Ladakh and his albums are replete with pictures of this Leh Ladakh tours.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara