ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Facebook Services Intends To Use Drones & Lasers To Give Internet To The World
Total Articles: 1
Facebook not leaving any Stone Unturn
Facebook services plans to use drones, satellites and lasers to deliver internet to the whole world. After introducing Internet.org last year which was made to improve internet access across the globe, Mark Zuckerberg revealed the connectivity lab, a team of scientist who are working on this futuristic project. It would develop a new platform for connectivity on the ground and in the air.
Connecting the whole world requires lots of hard work and new technology. To see this project through Facebook hired scientists from organizations like NASA and Ascenta, a British company that developed the solar – powered drone. These scientists will develop solar powered drones that can provide internet connectivity from high altitudes. Facebook’s services are increasing day by day first it was WhatsApp and oculus now this. Facebook marketing is a big reason for all this development. For lower density areas, they will try to develop satellites that can beam internet access to the ground.
Facebook didn’t share many details about this new project, but Zuckerberg did say that Internet.org has already helped connect 3 million new people to the internet doubling the number of people who use mobile data. Google has been working on similar projects. In November 2013, the search giant announced project link, an initiative to bring fiber networks to the developing world. A few months earlier, Google launched a more bizarre idea:
Bringing internet to remote area through hot air balloons. This initiative was code named Project Loon.
The company will likely use technology from U.K – based Ascenta, which Facebook bought for $20 billion. Ascenta staff will work with the teams that Facebook acquired from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Ames Research Center and the National Optical Astronomy Observatory.
To make connectivity labs high-flying plans to work a new type of plane architecture that flies at 20,000 meters that the drones will employ. This will enable them to be unaffected by commercial airlines, wind and the weather. These drones will have to capability to remain in the air for months at a time. This project will get Facebook likes for sure, a thumbs up from all the people.
Lasers can offer a wireless connection to the Connectivity Lab’s satellite system, delivering high speeds on par with “fiber optics. It’s still unclear when this project will be launched but it is quite sure that it will bring a revolution to internet availability and connectivity of this world.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Rise Of Led Video Walls
Author: Jamie Eliott
2. Motorolarepairing.uk – Motorola Repair Service Centre Uk
3. Sony Playstation Planning For Big Changes
4. Want To Make The Best Advantage Of Your Traffic, Try Load Balancing
Author: Daniel Padilla
5. Icv Software For Business- Increasing Productivity For Long Term Business Success
Author: Jessica E Taylor
6. Htc Screen Repair London/htcrepairing.uk
7. Issues And Fixes For Hp Laptops & Computers In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
8. Professional Multibrand Mobile Phone Repair Centre In The Uk
9. Htc Onem8 Screen Replacement Edinburgh/htcrepairing.uk
10. Issue Resolved For Xbox One S Error Code 107
11. Top 4 Us Tech Support Service Companies
12. Best Htc Repair Centre Newcastle
13. Html5 Website Builders Useful For Web Developers
Author: Amit Kumawat
14. Issues And Fixes For Tablet Repair Services In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
15. Nokia Lumia 735 Screen Replacement Cardiff