ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Kerala Set-sarees With The Immense Of Traditionalism
Total Articles: 278
Set-Saree, a saree that looks simple and traditional. Kerala Sarees are globally recognized traditional wears of India.
Saree is an attire of every Indian woman that expresses her femininity. Indian Sarees are globally famed traditional wears that are interwoven with women. Kerala Sarees are well-popular traditional wears of India.
Kerala saris are designed beautifully with the immense of goodness and traditionalism; and became trademarks of India. Kerala sarees like Set-sarees and Kasavu sarees are traditional attires of women;
Set-saree is a symbolic of Kerala culture. Every Malayalam women wear these sarees for festivals Onam and Vishu.
Set-sarees are single-piece clothes with natural body colour and golden or numerous coloured borders. These are the unbleached cotton handloom sarees woven by the weavers with love and dedication.
Set-sarees have their origin in Kerala, India. In the ancient times, Set-Mundu or Mundum-Neryathum is the saree that referred as “Sattika” in Buddhist and Jains literature.
Set-sarees resembles Set-Mundu saris, but there is a slight difference in weaving and printing. Mundu Sarees are most popular sarees in ancient times. Set-sarees consists of a single-piece of cloth where as Set-Mundu sarees consists of a two-piece cloth.
To get the quality, the weaver uses 100% unbleached cotton cloth for designing a handloom saree. Specifically, weavers use white cotton cloth with golden or numerous coloured pallu.
Depending on the requirement, the golden border can be designed with pure golden layer or copper coated or artificial layers. The traditional Set-saree consists of 1 inch to 6-7 inch pallu with plain body and for the normal saree, the pallu goes up to one meter.
The printing and dyeing of saree will be done by hands along with the weaving. Everything that involves in making a Set-saree is handmade.
The motifs of peacocks, flowers, birds, door designs, katahakali, animals and mural hand-prints etc are designed for pallu. Now days, Set model is being used by the designers in designing skirts, chudidars, salwar kameez, dhoti and others.
Kerala Set-sarees are available all over the world with exquisite designs. The prize of the Set-saree depends upon the quality and designs. The prize of a Set-saree starts from 1000rs and goes up depending on the zari and works.
Interesting fact is, several popular Indian actresses like Aishwarya rai, Sonakshi Sinha, Asin, Sonam Kapoor worn these sarees for different occasions. Especially these sarees are preferred by Malayalam’s for the festivals Onam and Vishu. For grand events, these are the best choices. These are well-displayed in wedding and festival seasons. These are most suitable for monsoon.
Kerala Set-sarees became traditional attires of women and are showing interest for having these sarees in their wardrobes.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Tips To Choose A Magnetic Bracelet
2. 9 Universal Fashion Hacks For Every Curvy Girl!
Author: Hampry Gomes
3. Emerging Fashion Trends Towards Sophistication.
4. One Stop Shop With Best Prices For All Your Used Clothes
Author: Dave Brown
5. Sale Of Optical Products On Internet
6. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
7. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
8. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
9. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
10. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
11. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
12. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
13. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
14. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
15. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day