ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Reasons Why A Darjeeling Trip Can Be An Awesome Experience
Total Articles: 27
Darjeeling is one of the top hill stations in India. Though it has got everything which a typical hill station must have (ranging from snowy mountains to some dazzling scenic points to its share of tea estates), what makes this town a total beauty is its rustic appeal and that quaint profile. It is a place where you will instantly connect with nature since the quiet and solace you get here is fairly an alien thing to a city-dweller.
With some grand Darjeeling tour packages and a reasonable cheap Darjeeling honeymoon package from Delhi, you don't need another reason to visit this lovely piece of paradise; still we give you at least five more:
1. Highest toy train ride in the world: Darjeeling is situated at a very good height and it is only fair that the mighty Kanchenjunga has chosen to show its most magnificent face at this part of Bengal. At Ghoom, a small town situated just 7 km from the main Darjeeling, the toy train ride is a traditional ritual. It was stopped for a few months owing to some issues but now they have got sorted and the ride has begun once again. It is not only a psychedelic experience to saunter around the green hills over this slow-chugging train, but one can take heart from the fact that it is the highest toy train ride in the world.
2. The glorious Tiger Hill: Another thing which makes a Darjeeling trip completely awesome is the Tiger Hill. It is a scenic point which can be visited round the day. But the best time to hop over to this point is during the early morning, preferably at around 5-6 am to watch the sunrise. It can get freaky cold during this time, but just wrap a woolen cloth around your body and you would be alright.
3. Darjeeling zoo: Darjeeling Zoo is not just an ordinary zoo you come across in your local cities. This part of the country has some unique fauna to flaunt. The zoo houses some rare mountain cats and the endangered red panda. So, it makes sense to make this tour, just to see the last few pandas and leopards, if not for anything else.
4. Lloyd Botanical Gardens: The Lloyd Botanical Gardens is a wonderful green place which gives a soulful experience to any tourist. It gets featured in a number of best Darjeeling tourism packages online, probably because it houses some rare species of flowers and plants. Though, in your usual city gardens, you may come across some equally beautiful flowers and herbs, this garden has some rapturous mountainside flora whose untrammeled beauty will spellbind you, no doubt.
5. To visit the monasteries: Darjeeling lies a little distance from Sikkim. Just like its neighbor, it too boasts of some quiet places where there is a space for spirituality. So, there are some really nice Gompas or monasteries where tourists can do some soul-searching. They can add a new dimension to your vacation and make it a more fulfilling one.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.