ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Reasons Why A Darjeeling Trip Can Be An Awesome Experience
Total Articles: 28
Darjeeling is one of the top hill stations in India. Though it has got everything which a typical hill station must have (ranging from snowy mountains to some dazzling scenic points to its share of tea estates), what makes this town a total beauty is its rustic appeal and that quaint profile. It is a place where you will instantly connect with nature since the quiet and solace you get here is fairly an alien thing to a city-dweller.
With some grand Darjeeling tour packages and a reasonable cheap Darjeeling honeymoon package from Delhi, you don't need another reason to visit this lovely piece of paradise; still we give you at least five more:
1. Highest toy train ride in the world: Darjeeling is situated at a very good height and it is only fair that the mighty Kanchenjunga has chosen to show its most magnificent face at this part of Bengal. At Ghoom, a small town situated just 7 km from the main Darjeeling, the toy train ride is a traditional ritual. It was stopped for a few months owing to some issues but now they have got sorted and the ride has begun once again. It is not only a psychedelic experience to saunter around the green hills over this slow-chugging train, but one can take heart from the fact that it is the highest toy train ride in the world.
2. The glorious Tiger Hill: Another thing which makes a Darjeeling trip completely awesome is the Tiger Hill. It is a scenic point which can be visited round the day. But the best time to hop over to this point is during the early morning, preferably at around 5-6 am to watch the sunrise. It can get freaky cold during this time, but just wrap a woolen cloth around your body and you would be alright.
3. Darjeeling zoo: Darjeeling Zoo is not just an ordinary zoo you come across in your local cities. This part of the country has some unique fauna to flaunt. The zoo houses some rare mountain cats and the endangered red panda. So, it makes sense to make this tour, just to see the last few pandas and leopards, if not for anything else.
4. Lloyd Botanical Gardens: The Lloyd Botanical Gardens is a wonderful green place which gives a soulful experience to any tourist. It gets featured in a number of best Darjeeling tourism packages online, probably because it houses some rare species of flowers and plants. Though, in your usual city gardens, you may come across some equally beautiful flowers and herbs, this garden has some rapturous mountainside flora whose untrammeled beauty will spellbind you, no doubt.
5. To visit the monasteries: Darjeeling lies a little distance from Sikkim. Just like its neighbor, it too boasts of some quiet places where there is a space for spirituality. So, there are some really nice Gompas or monasteries where tourists can do some soul-searching. They can add a new dimension to your vacation and make it a more fulfilling one.
Travel Articles1. Island Peak Climbing – A Great Test Of Your Stamina Before The Real Trekking Adventure
2. Annapurna Circuit Trek – A Brief Overview
3. Cycling Tours Tour De France - 4 Reasons To Consider Self-guided Tours
Author: David Luther
4. Why Choose Cybercity, Gurgaon As Your Next Conference Location?
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. How To Select The Best Trekking Company In Nepal To Explore Trekking Activities
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
6. Trek And Hike Packages Offered By A Good Trekking Company In Nepal
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
7. Group Dating On Valentine’s Day With Service From A Cheap Party Buses
Author: David WILSON
8. Amp Up Your Valentine’s Day Party From Dc To San Antonio Via Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
9. Reliving Memories And Good Times
Author: Toms John
10. Buy The Led Countdown Timers To Get Maximum Benefits
Author: Joolbin Duan
11. Mesmerizing And Illuminating Tour Of Peru
Author: Ricardo Davis
12. Seoul City Tour – Travel To Korea And Have Makgeolli!
Author: Tommy Na
13. Trekking And Hiking In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. Don’t Take That On Your Next Trip
15. Tips On Speeding Through Security Checkpoints