ALL >> General >> View Article
How We Decorate Your Hall, Stairs And LandingBy Expert Author: Ariel Brady
We as Painters and Decorators often get asked to decorate a hall, stairs and landing, it can be a lot of work for a professional decorator and it’s normally not a job a house holder is very keen to do. So this is how we go about it, the first thing is to cover the floor area with dust sheets and take down curtains and rails, we also take down or cover up light fittings, then we take off all the door furniture and put it in a safe place. Now we make good the ceiling and walls plasterwork, we fill all cracks and uneven surfaces with filler and when that’s dry we rub down until smooth.
Now we come to the woodwork, the first job is to mask up the carpet area with masking tape, this is where the skirting and the carpet meet and it’s to make sure we don’t get any paint on the carpet. Let’s make good the woodwork by filling where needed and rubbing down until smooth. At last we are ready to start some painting, now we need to apply two coats of brilliant white matt emulsion to the ceiling making sure the paint is dry between coats.,
And now we need to apply two coats of matt emulsion to the walls making sure the paint is dry between coats. We are now ready to apply one coat of white undercoat and one coat of white gloss to all the woodwork making sure that the paint is dry between coats. When the paint is dry we can put all the door furniture back and put the curtain rails and curtains back up to the window areas. Don’t forget to put the light fittings back and pull up the masking tape to the carpet areas.
Now we need to fold up and remove the dust sheets from the floor area, it might be a good idea to hoover the floor area to remove any dust or mess we have made. It’s a really good idea to take a few photographs of the finished job so that you can put them on your web site to show your customers (don’t forget to ask the customer first).Now another thing I like to do while I’m on a new job is to post a few flyers through the local area doors saying we are decorating in “such and such street and offering a free quote for any jobs you may be thinking of having done”. Here’s how we do it, can we do it for you.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar