ALL >> General >> View Article
How We Decorate Your Hall, Stairs And Landing
Total Articles: 284
We as Painters and Decorators often get asked to decorate a hall, stairs and landing, it can be a lot of work for a professional decorator and it’s normally not a job a house holder is very keen to do. So this is how we go about it, the first thing is to cover the floor area with dust sheets and take down curtains and rails, we also take down or cover up light fittings, then we take off all the door furniture and put it in a safe place. Now we make good the ceiling and walls plasterwork, we fill all cracks and uneven surfaces with filler and when that’s dry we rub down until smooth.
Now we come to the woodwork, the first job is to mask up the carpet area with masking tape, this is where the skirting and the carpet meet and it’s to make sure we don’t get any paint on the carpet. Let’s make good the woodwork by filling where needed and rubbing down until smooth. At last we are ready to start some painting, now we need to apply two coats of brilliant white matt emulsion to the ceiling making sure the paint is dry between coats.,
And now we need to apply two coats of matt emulsion to the walls making sure the paint is dry between coats. We are now ready to apply one coat of white undercoat and one coat of white gloss to all the woodwork making sure that the paint is dry between coats. When the paint is dry we can put all the door furniture back and put the curtain rails and curtains back up to the window areas. Don’t forget to put the light fittings back and pull up the masking tape to the carpet areas.
Now we need to fold up and remove the dust sheets from the floor area, it might be a good idea to hoover the floor area to remove any dust or mess we have made. It’s a really good idea to take a few photographs of the finished job so that you can put them on your web site to show your customers (don’t forget to ask the customer first).Now another thing I like to do while I’m on a new job is to post a few flyers through the local area doors saying we are decorating in “such and such street and offering a free quote for any jobs you may be thinking of having done”. Here’s how we do it, can we do it for you.
General Articles1. Out-of-state Investor's Check List Of Questions
Author: ABC COMPANY
2. Tablet Repair Centre By Expert Technicians Tabletrepairer
Author: Tablet Repair
3. Gambling Is Not A New Concept And Helps Earning Quick Money
Author: Stephen Brimson
4. Squeezing Your Stress Away With Customized Stress Balls
Author: Ethan Daniel
5. The Emperor Of San Francisco Housing Development
Author: Oz Erickson
6. Adobe Flash Player Not Working On Chrome
Author: Adobe flash player not working on chrome
7. Tips For Buying A Headphone
8. Reasons To Choose υαλουρονικό οξύ
Author: Gina Malot
9. Skirt Suits For Women Fashion In Shades Of Brown, Neutrals...
10. New Home Furniture Sylvan Lake - Our Show Home In Sylvan Lake
11. Who Says Your Anniversary’s Day Is For Lovers? Party With Your Single Pals And A Denver Party Bus Re
12. Maxeler's Increased Focus On Government
13. 4 Reasons To Buy Double Beds With Mattress At Bed Shops
Author: bed shops
14. The Ways To Insert Guitar Beats In Your Album
15. Why African Shea Butter Soap Is Best For Skin?
Author: Ba Cisse