ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Volleyball Review: A More In-depth Standpoint
Total Articles: 153
Introduction to Volleyball Skills
The 4 corners of the volleyball court offer enough challenge for ballers to play intelligently. Each player must provide the correct skill to match up with their opponents - upholding the true spirit competition. A combination of this skill will sum up to a successful play that can be appreciated by volleyball players and fans.
Serving is used to begin the play. It is done by swing an arm into the ball, delivering it over the net, and into the opponent's court.
Another volleyball skill is passing. It is the act of delivering the ball to a teammate so that he can either drive the ball and score a point or prepare and set the ball for a spiker to attack. Passing can be done in two methods namely, the dig and the bump.
Once the ball is passed to a player, he has a choice to set the ball. Setting is the act of passing the ball up high to prepare an attacker or spiker.
Setting involves touching the ball with finger pads and immediately fully extending the arms.
As the ball is set, a spiker can come dashing in to drive the ball towards the opponent's court. Spiking can be done in two basic shots, cross-court shot and baseline shot. Once the opponents has witnessed how your team can successfully deliver a hit, you can now employ other offensive options such as dinks and tips.
A counter against spiking is blocking. When correctly done, a defending team can block, sending the ball back immediately after the attack, or if not, slow down the driven ball for another defender to dig.
Blocking needs you to stand facing the net with extended arms above the head, anticipating to deflect the ball back when you jump.
Receiving the Serve
Reception comes immediately after an opposing team's successful service. When correctly done, the team can proceed to setting, then spiking.
The use of the skills listed above does not follow the order. Random court scenarios will arise and will require a specific move. Volleyball training and practice is needed keep up. Beginners in volleyball will surely get a terrific head start from Hayley Merret's The Volleyball Magic: Full Court Control and Domination volleyball training system. The system has helped many enhance their court performances. Interested? Get it right here. http://volleyballtrainingtipswithanthony.com/
Sports Articles1. List Of Top Ngo In India Who Had Develop India
Author: Satya prakash
2. International Cricket Before The Prudential Cricket World Cup
3. Riordan Filmcamp And Bbq Camp : Know Where You Stand
Author: Craig Arnold
4. Summer Fun In San Francisco With Sports Camps
Author: Craig Arnold
5. How To Choose The Right Mountain Bike For You
Author: Laura John
6. India’s World Cup Cricket Live Scores To Bolster With New Finisher
7. Sri Lanka’s Rejuvenated Campaign Of Live World Cup Cricket Match
8. Fc Barcelona Vs Eibar Football Tips And Prediction Spanish La Liga
9. A Walkthrough Over Odi Records Of India And Australia Cricket Teams
10. The Uncommendable Nexus Of Captain-coach In Cricket Teams
11. Why Buy Cards Or Rugby Trophies Online Instead Of Local Trophy Stores?
Author: Better Trophies Better Prices Limited
12. Planning And Running Golf Events – The Formats…
Author: Ian Mullins
13. Ottis Gibson, South Africa’s Bet In Icc World Cup Cricket Today And Tomorrow
Author: cricket bolo
14. Fishing Trips Day And Night Deep Sea, Shark Fishing, Charter Boats At Sanibel Fl
Author: Sanibel Sport Fishing Charters
15. Real Sociedad Vs Rosenborg Betting Tips Uefa Europa League