ALL >> Computers >> View Article
The Link Between Hard Drive Reliability And Los Angeles Data Recovery Services
Total Articles: 71
In the battle of hard drives, it’s not so much the volume or speed of the drives as their reliability. To put it simply, the first that fails loses.
The issue of reliability has been a hot topic since hard drives jumped from bulky megabyte units to portable terabyte ones. Reliability doesn’t just affect the end user but entities like data recovery services in Los Angeles too. It’s not just about lasting for as long as possible but also lasting long enough for the process to save as many files as it can.
In a recent study, data recovery experts put five major hard drive brands to the test: Seagate, Western Digital, Samsung, Toshiba, and Hitachi (inventor of the 1TB hard drive). Over 27,000 hard drives were monitored, assessed, and checked for the presence of bad sectors and other errors.
As expected of a pioneer in terabyte hard drives, Hitachi’s reliability turned out to be second to none with an annual failure rate of less than 2 percent. Take note that the test called for running the drives 24/7 for three years. All but 3 percent of the Hitachi hard drives in the study were still working by the end of 2013.
However, this shouldn’t be your primary basis for your choice of hard drive. The study didn’t have enough Toshiba and Samsung hard drives to validate its reliability rate, in addition to Hitachi and Seagate drives comprising roughly 95 percent of the sample group. Nevertheless, the study gave an insight on the reliability of current hard drive technology.
The first sign of problems is the best time to hire Los Angeles data recovery services. There’s no telling when hard drives will last, let alone fail. Reliability plays a crucial role in ensuring overall data integrity while migrating to a new drive. For more information on hard drive reliability, go to ExtremeTech.com.
Computers Articles1. Here How You Resolve Your Email Related Problem On Your Android Device
Author: ADV Software
2. Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting “access Denied” Issue
Author: Minerva Livia
3. The Computer Repair Service Milwaukee Offer Best Services Within Affordable Price
4. Contact Hard Drive Data Recovery Milwaukee To Restore Data From Failed Hard Drives
5. How To Treat An Infected Computer Remotely?
Author: online pc support
6. When To Call Hotmail Customer Care Number
Author: Adv Software
7. Stay Connected To The Comcast Xfinity Internet By Resolving Common Issues
Author: Jasper Arran
8. Resolve Problems Of Canon And Brother Printers
Author: adv software
9. Want To Resolve Hp Printer Most Common Issue—have A Look On Hp Support Tips And Tricks
Author: Lewis Kathy
10. Manual Testing Training Online
Author: Mind Q Systems
11. It Services In West Boxford
Author: IT Services In West Boxford
12. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
13. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
14. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
15. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?