ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Williams Records Management Units Protect Fragile Paper-based Documents
Total Articles: 71
Thanks to the Internet, information can be transmitted and received from anywhere across the globe with relative ease. Some say technology may soon render paper products obsolete, but the reality is quite the opposite. Most transactions in daily life are still paper based, and many people still prefer paperback books to e-books. As such, it can be said that even with the onset of better technology, paper-based storage systems such as Williams records management solutions remain highly relevant.
However, the notion that paper may soon be obsolete does have some logic behind it. The most convincing argument is perhaps the fact that paper products are fragile and vulnerable to these threats:
Mother Nature is perhaps the greatest enemy of paper products as even a few drops of water can turn sheets of paper into a damp mess. Excess light, on the other hand, can cause irreparable damage such as burns and fading, especially for very old paper documents. These risks are just a few of the biggest reasons why paper storage guidelines usually include notes about proper temperature (i.e. 60 to 70 °F) and humidity levels (40 to 50 percent RH or relative humidity).
Wood is a primary source of food for some organisms, which in turn means that paper is also edible in some way or form. Silverfish, which are characterized by their silver coating, are commonly found feeding on publications in libraries and paper repositories. Cockroaches come second simply because they eat virtually anything, although they prefer wet paper products.
As weird as it sounds, humans can also be a threat to paper documents. After all, clumsy handling, incessant writing, or even folding can leave behind lasting damage. The issue of theft is another prime consideration; why else would services like Williams records management systems reinforce storage units with video surveillance and top-notch security measures?
Read more about proper paper storage at xerox.com/printer-supplies/paper-stock/paper-storage/enlu.html and archives.gov/preservation/family-archives/preserving-family-papers.html. To learn more about paper-eating insects, visit animals.pawnation.com/kind-bug-eats-books-5583.html.
Computers Articles1. Why Has The Sign Engraving Equipment Become An Essential For Personalisation
Author: Rob Hibbs
2. Computer Forensic Analyst Can Help To Dig Up The Truth Using Latest Technology Devices
3. How To Update Adobe Flash Player On A Mac Computer?
Author: Mac Support Team
4. Playstation 4 Repair Uk | Playstation Repairer
Author: Playstation 4 Repair UK
5. How To Recover Pst File Password In Outlook 2016 Free?
Author: Outlook Support Team
6. How To Securely Wipe Private Data With Active@ Killdisk
Author: James Vaughn
7. Find Reasonable Minute Of Every Day Norton Setup For Your Computer Needs
Author: Stephanie Smith
8. Register Your Business Name With Seo Friendly .co Domain Extension
Author: Ridhi Bhatia
9. Where To Find The Model Or Printer Number Of A Hp Printer?
Author: Maria Silvia
10. The Computer Repair Salem Ma Offer Best Solutions To Any Hardware Or Software Problem Of Your Comput
11. Things To Consider Before Buying A 3d Printer
Author: Jamie Smilovici
12. Everything To Know Before Using Surface Laptop Promo Code
Author: Christine Bleakley
13. Ps4 Repair London | Playstation Repairer
Author: Playstation Repair Centre
14. Pro Tip: How To Secure Windows 10 Boot Process
Author: Ellie Williams
15. How To Clear Cookies, Cache Memory And Browsing History In Aol?
Author: Maria Silvia