ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Williams Records Management Units Protect Fragile Paper-based Documents
Total Articles: 71
Thanks to the Internet, information can be transmitted and received from anywhere across the globe with relative ease. Some say technology may soon render paper products obsolete, but the reality is quite the opposite. Most transactions in daily life are still paper based, and many people still prefer paperback books to e-books. As such, it can be said that even with the onset of better technology, paper-based storage systems such as Williams records management solutions remain highly relevant.
However, the notion that paper may soon be obsolete does have some logic behind it. The most convincing argument is perhaps the fact that paper products are fragile and vulnerable to these threats:
Mother Nature is perhaps the greatest enemy of paper products as even a few drops of water can turn sheets of paper into a damp mess. Excess light, on the other hand, can cause irreparable damage such as burns and fading, especially for very old paper documents. These risks are just a few of the biggest reasons why paper storage guidelines usually include notes about proper temperature (i.e. 60 to 70 °F) and humidity levels (40 to 50 percent RH or relative humidity).
Wood is a primary source of food for some organisms, which in turn means that paper is also edible in some way or form. Silverfish, which are characterized by their silver coating, are commonly found feeding on publications in libraries and paper repositories. Cockroaches come second simply because they eat virtually anything, although they prefer wet paper products.
As weird as it sounds, humans can also be a threat to paper documents. After all, clumsy handling, incessant writing, or even folding can leave behind lasting damage. The issue of theft is another prime consideration; why else would services like Williams records management systems reinforce storage units with video surveillance and top-notch security measures?
Read more about proper paper storage at xerox.com/printer-supplies/paper-stock/paper-storage/enlu.html and archives.gov/preservation/family-archives/preserving-family-papers.html. To learn more about paper-eating insects, visit animals.pawnation.com/kind-bug-eats-books-5583.html.
Computers Articles1. Contact Norton Support If You Are Facing Problem
Author: Jones Mary
2. How To Purchase Your Own Alibaba Clone Script
3. Trends Of Mobile App Development That'll Determine Future
Author: Mr Paul James
4. Advantages Of Installing An Antivirus Program To The Computer
Author: Jones Mary
5. Ms Office-tech Bolster Service You Need To Know
6. Windows 10 Update Stuck At 99%install
7. What Is Extender And Benefits Of Using The Extender?
Author: David Matt
8. Top Laptops On Hire Services
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plethora Of Opportunities For Marketing Companies In Mississauga
Author: Robin Joe
10. Norton Setup Antivirus Support For Virus Removal
Author: Shane Wills
11. The Biggest Contribution Of Pro Same Day Delivery Script To Logistic World
12. How To Fix Skype Crashes
Author: Alex Gold
13. What Are Services That One Can Get Via Team Of Canon Printers? Read More: What Are Services That One
Author: liz ballard
14. Why Is Everyone Talking About Advance Real Estate Script
Author: sawati rawat
15. Ms Office Support To Continue Awesome Experience With The Applications