ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Williams Records Management Units Protect Fragile Paper-based Documents
Total Articles: 71
Thanks to the Internet, information can be transmitted and received from anywhere across the globe with relative ease. Some say technology may soon render paper products obsolete, but the reality is quite the opposite. Most transactions in daily life are still paper based, and many people still prefer paperback books to e-books. As such, it can be said that even with the onset of better technology, paper-based storage systems such as Williams records management solutions remain highly relevant.
However, the notion that paper may soon be obsolete does have some logic behind it. The most convincing argument is perhaps the fact that paper products are fragile and vulnerable to these threats:
Mother Nature is perhaps the greatest enemy of paper products as even a few drops of water can turn sheets of paper into a damp mess. Excess light, on the other hand, can cause irreparable damage such as burns and fading, especially for very old paper documents. These risks are just a few of the biggest reasons why paper storage guidelines usually include notes about proper temperature (i.e. 60 to 70 °F) and humidity levels (40 to 50 percent RH or relative humidity).
Wood is a primary source of food for some organisms, which in turn means that paper is also edible in some way or form. Silverfish, which are characterized by their silver coating, are commonly found feeding on publications in libraries and paper repositories. Cockroaches come second simply because they eat virtually anything, although they prefer wet paper products.
As weird as it sounds, humans can also be a threat to paper documents. After all, clumsy handling, incessant writing, or even folding can leave behind lasting damage. The issue of theft is another prime consideration; why else would services like Williams records management systems reinforce storage units with video surveillance and top-notch security measures?
Read more about proper paper storage at xerox.com/printer-supplies/paper-stock/paper-storage/enlu.html and archives.gov/preservation/family-archives/preserving-family-papers.html. To learn more about paper-eating insects, visit animals.pawnation.com/kind-bug-eats-books-5583.html.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality