ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Mirror Works – The Great Indian Traditional Works
Total Articles: 266
Mirror or Shisha or Kaanch works are very intricate handy works specially made with lightweight pieces of mirrors. These are extremely popular embroidery works made in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan of India.
The beauty and elegance of a woman comes through when she is draped in a nice Saree. Mirror works of embroidery are the latest trends that evoke fashion.
Shisha or shisheh means glass in Persian. The decorative work made on a fabric using small decorative mirrors is known as Shisha work or Mirror Work. It is popularly known as Abhala Bharat in Gujarat. Mirror work with embroidery provides an extraordinary look and feel to the saree. Mirror works are renowned for their traditional designs and are artistic adornments for Indian fabrics.
Mirror works or Shisha works have their origin in India, right from Mughal times.
While it is a challenge to designers on the best use of mirrors in a design, It’s a painstaking process for the traditional practitioners of the art since they must use their concentration and skill to make the design look beautiful.
A kind of embroidery work it involves the skillful attachment of lightweight pieces of mirror to a fabric. Dark or Heavy coloured clothes are best suitable for Mirror works. Mirrors used in this work are mostly thin layered glasses as they are machine cut and may be of any shape like triangular, circle, rectangular, etc.
To hold the mirrors in exact place, the designers use satin stitch, herringbone stitch and chain stitch. The designers use coins, glasses, silver, tin and mica (an aluminium silicate mineral) to decorate the pattern. The works varies in shapes and sizes. Antique Shisha is especially hand-blown, as it is a hand cut or handy and varies in shape and size.
To accentuate the beauty of a design, designers use different types of embroidery works. Mirror work sarees are available in all cities of India at affordable prices.
Latest designs with big mirrors and pallu with different colours are really subtle. These saris are especially part of bridal collections. These sarees are also suitable for grand occasions and festivals. The salwar kameez with mirror work looks traditional as well as trendy.
The outcome of the design sometimes makes a fabric appear more stylish than the original vision of the designer, because it has in the process acquired a strange fashionable look. we must be thankful to the designers of Shisha.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. What Makes Mens Diamond Rings So Special?
Author: melrissa rose
2. Layer Up Your Attire With A Burberry Scarf!
3. Find Out 5 Most Likable Gift Items For Women
Author: Hugo McCoy
4. Kalamkari And Ikat! What The Past Has Given The World
5. How Your Wardrobe Changes After Being A Dad?
Author: Intymen Store
6. Some Tips To Be Successful When Purchasing Handbags Online
Author: Sanjay Saha
7. Elegant Cheap Formal Dresses Online For A Variety Of Shapes And Sizes
Author: Jane Foster
8. Van Cleef & Arpels Ballerina Brooch Auction
9. Pull Off Your Look With Personalized T-shirts
Author: Denesh Yadav
10. Customized Wedding Jewelry Has Begun To Fire More And More
11. What Features To Look For While Purchasing The Men’s Watches From Luxury-cs?
Author: Kally Nelson
12. Various Type Of Ladies Handbags To Consider
Author: Yoursuper Buy
13. How To Select The Silver Necklace For Women?
Author: Your Super Buy
14. A Brief Talk On The Mystery Of Cartier 's Advanced Jewelry
15. Cartier Four Classic Wedding Ring To Let Love Forever Spread