ALL >> Health >> View Article
Are There Risks To Having Lasik?
Total Articles: 1
As with any other surgery, Lasik has risks. It is important that patients looking to undergo LASIK surgery understand the associated risks before deciding to have laser eye surgery.
Before undergoing a refractive procedure, you should carefully weigh Lasik risks and benefits based on your own personal value system, and try to avoid being influenced by friends that have had the procedure or doctors encouraging you to do so.
• Although very rare, there is always a small chance of loss of best corrected vision. This means that some patients could potentially lose lines of vision that will not be able to be corrected, even by undergoing additional surgery or by using corrective lenses.
• Although uncommon, some patients may develop visual symptoms such as halos, double vision and other serious visual disturbances occurring after LASIK. Those conditions can seriously affect the quality of the vision. Such symptoms may either be present at all times or only under certain conditions such as in low lighting.
• There is also a potential for conditions that are easier to treat or can be readily treated in most cases. Undercorrection or overcorrection are two of such conditions. Not every patient has 20/20 vision after surgery. There is chance that you may still need corrective lenses after surgery to correct your vision for conditions which cannot be corrected with surgery.
• Rarely some patients may develop severe dry eye syndrome. Temporary dry eye is a more common side effect of LASIK surgery and may require you to use eye drops regularly after surgery to keep your eyes comfortable and preserve visual quality.
• Sometimes for some patients with very high prescriptions, the results may diminish with time, requiring further enhancement procedures. Also, just as with normal vision, patients will experience a degradation in near vision over time as they age. Lasik does not prevent the natural aging of the patients lens which leads to degradation of near vision with age.
And, of course, any type of eye surgery, as in any other types of surgeries, has an associated risk of infection, and other complications that can result in reduced vision.
To discuss all the other laser risks and benefits of Lasik procedure as well as Lasik Cost, please see your ophthalmologist and make sure to ask questions.
San Diego Lasik center Global Laser Vision, established in June of the year 2000 specializes in providing the latest in Laser vision correction technology to San Diego County and surrounding district residents. Dr. Yaghouti, who is the Global Laser Vision's Principal ophthalmologist and refractive surgeon, has been in practice since 1997. He is a board certified refractive surgeon and a cornea and laser vision correction specialist ophthalmologist from Harvard Medical School, putting him at the top one percent of all laser vision correction specialists nationwide. For more information about this topic, please visit http://www.globallaservision.com.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men