ALL >> Career >> View Article
Do's And Don'ts When You Go On A Job Hunt
Total Articles: 49
Landing the job of your dreams can be a job itself, considering the tough competition in the job market and the current state of economy. If you're going on a job hunt or are thinking of changing careers in the near future, here are some Do's and Don'ts you should keep in mind.
1. Look for employment opportunities.
Not all job openings are advertised so you should always keep your options wide open. Apart from scouring online and print ads, you can also find more job opportunities through your networks. A lot of employers don't advertise their job openings – they simply recruit internally or promote employment opportunities through their employees. Get to know more about vacancies from your social circles, colleagues, current workmates, old employers, etc.
2. Filter your social media profiles.
Employers nowadays don’t only look at possible job candidates' resumes; they also aim to know more about the applicant by checking out their online presence. Even if you set your privacy settings on your accounts, always assume that everything on your profile can be seen by a potential employer. While what you put on your social media account does not automatically equate to your skills and job performance, what potential employers can see online can make either positive or negative first impressions on your character as a person.
3. Have your resume ready.
Every event you go to or every person you meet can be a potential link to the kind of job you're dreaming to have. Make sure to have a resume ready complete with your recent skills and qualifications. It's also best if you stay away from generic resume. This means that for every job title you apply for, make a unique resume that will show off your related skills, qualifications, and work history.
1. Don’t lose contact with your networks.
Aim to build your professional and social networks over time and keep a steady contact with them. This is particularly useful if you want to know about particular job opportunities or industry-related training and seminars through them, as well as getting a good word from them in case a potential employer asks for a character reference.
2. Don’t neglect your online profile.
In line with what was said above, building your online presence nowadays is a must for every job hunter. This is where you can establish your list of qualifications and skills, as well as reach a lot of people, particularly useful professional networks. Complete your profiles in professional network sites like LinkedIn to meet other professionals in your target industry and manage your online professional identity more effectively.
3. Don't discount the power of job hunting online.
Aside from scouring every newspaper and local community bulletin posts in your area, one thing you can do to save time on your job hunting is to make use of different job search engines. Aim to get closer with various job opportunities and potential employers in one click by making an account and furnishing your online resume and profile in a trusted job search engine. Make sure to update your profile regularly and be more aggressive with your job hunting preferences.
4. Never lose hope.
Always keep your options open and aim to explore possible job opportunities that may not be in-line with what you're originally looking for. You may find your true calling via a different career path, or you may also have an exciting career in a type of job you haven't envisioned for yourself before. The important thing is that you are open to possibilities and you continue nurturing your skills and list of qualifications that may be useful for various job opportunities.
Ready to claim the job of your dreams? Get to know more about different finance careers such as applying for an accounting job when you go to Marks Sattin Australia.
Career Articles1. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
2. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
3. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
4. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
5. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
6. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
7. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility
8. Fashion Photography And Glamour Of Industry
9. Exploring Your Photography Passion - Journey From An Amateur To A Pro!
10. The Charisma Of Digital Photography And Learning The Art Of Capturing Digital Photos
11. Exploring The Magic Of Camera For The Love Of Photography!
12. How To Retain Top Talent?
Author: shaily ajmera
13. What Are You Doing To Build Talent Capability For The Future?
Author: shaily ajmera
14. Analysis On How Audit Will Change More In Coming Years?
Author: shaily ajmera
15. It Staff Augmentation: A Flexible Staffing Solution For Your Business
Author: Kartik Patel